The Dance

It was a rainy Saturday morning when the invitations arrived to the wealthiest families in the Kingdom, the invitations where for a masquerade ball planed by the Queen they read;

To my dearest friends 

I'd like to invite you all to a masquerade ball next Saturday at 8pm it will be held at the castle and you will be picked up by my guards who will escorts you here 

I hope you can all make it and i look forward to seeing you all 

Your truly 

Queen Dryia

Mori was the first to read the invitation in her family being the oldest she was in line for the family fortune, her family was the closest to the royals meaning that she could be in line to the throne as Dryia had no children and she was a lesbian married to her wife, merikh. Mori brought the invitation to her mother and upon reading she ordered for her bags to be picked up and put in their carriage. They set off into town to the finest Taylors in the Kingdom to find The best dress for the two of them. 

Mori and her mother spent hours in the Taylors looking at ball gowns for the ball in the end Mori's mother picked an elegant emerald green ball gown with a matching lace mask, Mori picked a red lace ball gown with red mask to match the outfit for the occasion. The two finished their outfits off with tiaras Mori's mother had green gems in it and Mori's had red gems in it all to match their etaire for the evening. When the two finally took the dresses back to their family mansion it was almost time for the ball to begin so they put them on and got reddy reddy for the ball. 

Finally the two was almost reddy for the ball, it was 6pm and Mori was sitting in her room getting her makeup done, she had red eyeshadow with a black fade and a wine red lipstick. It took the two of them a few hours to finish getting ready and by the time they were done the guard was at the door ready to take them to the ball. Mori quickly slipped away to the kitchen and tucked a few knives into her dress, she had braces on under her dress and was able to slip the knives in. She joined her mother and guard again in the hallway before the 3 all left for the ball. After a 10 minute carriage ride they arrived safely at the castle, the guard opening the door for Mori and her mother as they slipped their masks on. They stepped out of the carriage and looked around, there were lights all around the place, fancy dresses and suits all arrived one after each other carefully getting out with the help of the guards that escorted them to the venue. Carriages that they arrived in were probably gone to collect more guests, Mori and her mother made their way up stone stairs to the entrance of the castle that was decked out in lights and balloons, the two took one look inside the venue and knew that this was it. This was the ball of a queen, they had made it. 

The ball went on for hours Mori and her mother had been sitting with Queen Dryia for most of the ball, Mori had asked to be excused and slipped off to the bathroom. 

"Its now or never" Mori spoke to herself in the mirror "If i don't do it now i may never do it" She pulled out a dark cloak from under her dress and covered herself with it changing her mask from a red one to a black one with that she set off on her mission to kill the queen, as she made her way up the stairs towards the queens balcony she untucked a knife from under her dress and held it tightly in her hand as she approached the door to the balcony, she was shaking with fear incase her plan all went wrong but she held her breath slipped in. She took out her mother first stabbing the knife into her chest ripping it down her body watching as her blood spilled out and made the floor crimson red, Mori then pulled it out and look to the Queen. The queen was yet to notice as Mori brought a gloved hand to the queen's mouth to muffle her scream as the drawed the knife into her chest the stabbed her multiple times before slitting her throat open, The blood sprayed all over the queen balcony turning anything white crimson red. Mori looked at the blood pool that was left on the floor as The queens wife walked in and without thinking mori chucked the knife straight into her neck stopping her dead in her tracks as the fell to the ground mori walked over to her and stood over her body and removed the knife from her neck before plunging it into her heart. Mori needed a way to take the blame away from herself so she took off the cloak and hid it in the broken floor bored she had found a few days prior, Mori removed her gloves and also hid them, finally she stabbed herself in the side and screamed out so loud that it echoed through the whole castle to alert the party. 

Mori stumbled down the grand staircase that led down from the Queen balcony, a blood trail followed Mori down from her bleeding side.

"Murdered… please their gone all of them, my mother the queens… all Murdered" She stumbled on her words shaking "They… tried to get me but i managed….To slip away...but…T…there gone" Mori started to cry it wasn't forced, the pain from her stab wound was unbearable and quickly people run to Mori's side to assist her as she fell to her knees 

"Get this girl a medic!" A man yelled "She the next heir now both dryia and Lelisie are gone" 

Her plan had work: she had the throne and the family fortune. Everything was now hers. Her Vision started to go fuzzy as she herd people's voices.

"Do you know who did this" A women asked 

"No i was stabbed first my vision went blurry from the pain and i had to get away" Mori responded through tears "Its my fault if i had stayed they would still be here" 

Mori was shut down instantly "No, you did the right thing it's not your fault we're gonna get you fixed up" A royal maden told Mori not too long before she passed out. 

Mori woke up in a huge bed she went to sit up but felt a sharp pain shot through her body "Don't" She heard a voice "Your still not fully recovered your all fixed up but you need to rest your majesty" Mori looked at the figure at the end of her bed "Your majesty?" 

"Yes your queen now we can't have no monarchy and you was next in line after Lelisie but unfortunately she was killed" 

"Oh" Mori’s vision slowly unblurred to which she saw a figure in her room. 

“When you are better you must speak to the court for the first time” Mori finally got a glimpse of the figure in the room. It was the same maden that helped back in the ballroom. “Oh my name is Casly, i’ll be your personal royal maden, if you need anything you call me”

Mori nodded she was tired the strain from her wound was proving to be too much for her now “I’ll let you sleep for now your highness” 

“Please just call me mori” Mori wasn't used to being call your majesty or your highness yet this was all new to her, she was surprised her plan even worked but she couldn't help but feel some form of guilt.

Casly nodden “Ok mori, rest well” with that she left leaving mori to her own thoughts again but was soon fell asleep. 

A few weeks passed, mori had gotten rid of all evidence of the murders and had spoken to the court, made new laws and spoke to the public about her aims. She had recovered from her injuries and was getting ready for her coronation ceremony, Mori decided to wear a luxury purple dress with black lace around the hem. She wore black gloves and had purple accessories to match the whole outfit. Casly soon arrived in her chambers a few moments later 

“You ready Mori?” Casly asked her, holding out a black crown with red gemstones in.

Mori nodded “Mhm” 

“Let's go then your highness, Mori looked at casly with a almost deathly look then the two laughed, They had became almost best friends over the last few weeks and mori loved it, she wasn't lonely as she had casly. Moir and casly made their way to the grand Hall for moris coronation.

_________________________________________
Part 2 coming soon
Buy yeah :)
Word cound: 1519 words

HAVE A GOOD ONE PEEPS