ii

what she wanted more than anything was to be loved completely by somebody with eyes that saw all of her, and not just what they wanted to see. 

-- Mark Anthony. 

꧁꧂

Monday morning. The same wake-up call. The same breakfast. Everything is the same, except for one thing. Today's the day Rory starts school, with me. 

"Bye Grandma." I kiss her cheek as I head to Finn's car. "I didn't know you were going to be here."

"Are you not happy to see me? Did you not miss my love?" Finn asks with his thick accent. He, Logan, and Collin were taking me to school today. I climbed in the back seat and sat next to Logan. 

"Of course, I missed you lovely. Are you back for good?" I ask, excited because the group was now complete. 

"Sadly love, I am not. My family has a business gala the weekend, so I'm here for this week and next week." Finn tells as he drives to a coffee shop by Chilton.

"Does this mean we are all going to the gala?" I ask tiredly waiting on my coffee. 

"Yes, Darlin. The three of us will be there, and of course, you're invited to keep us out of trouble." Logan tells with a smirk. There's a moment of silence before we all start laughing. 

"Torrie keeping us out of trouble, you're funny." Collin remarks handing coffee to Logan and me. Finn starts driving again, this time headed to Chilton. 

"And what day is this gala? I need to let Grandma and Grandpa know. Oh, and I will need a new gown." I state. Logan looks at me and smiles.

"Friday. And don't worry about your dress, I've got that covered Darlin." Logan says with a smile. 

"OMG. I love you guys so much! I don't have to put up with Lorelai or Rory this weekend." As I squeal, we pull up to the school. All of the guys get out of the car with me. 

"Have a good day Torrie," Collin says sincerely while hugging me. Collin doesn't live too far, but he goes to a different private school, so I don't see him enough.

"I already miss you. Don't get too smart on me", Finn cries dramatically, holding on to me for dear life. 

"I'll see you in eight hours, please don't get into any trouble today," Logan whispers in my ear, being the last one to hug me and hold me the longest. 

"I'm not promising anything. Love you!" I tell them as I walk toward the doors of the school.

"LOVE YOU", all three yell loudly. I shake my head and walk into the school and to my first class, advanced art. 

꧁꧂

My second class of the day, English is the first class I had with Rory. I didn't listen to the teacher, only taking notes as I needed them. I have close to a photographic memory and do see the need in wasting my time writing notes. But, to prove I'm not slacking off, Paris Gellar and I went back and forth answering the teacher's questions. 

"Dickens", Paris answered. 

"George Sand and Balzac", I stated before Paris could. 

"David Copperfield", Paris answered with a smirk directed at me. Just after Paris spoke, Tristan Dugray opened the door. I wouldn't say he and I are friends, but we agreed when we started middle school. He would stop being an asshole to me, and I would stop being a bitch toward him. It has worked out well for both of us. 

Once Tristan was seated, he tapped his friend's shoulder and asked, "who's that?" I immediately rolled my eyes, because of course Rory had already caught his attention.