Chapter One

"Vegas!" Pete's voice echoed in the whole mansion as he angrily called Vegas' name.

Vegas who's peacefully sleeping has been disturbed. Without even opening his eyes, he clumsily stand up from the bed and almost lost his balance.

"Fuck!" Vegas cursed.

His hair was a complete mess, he can't even wear his slippers properly and he turns around looking for his shirt.

"Vegas! What time is it?!" The voice of Pete resonated in the whole mansion so that even the bodyguards can only scratch the back of their necks.

The cold-hearted and most feared Vegas was now being scolded by his husband, early in the morning.

With his eyes closed, Vegas started to run going outside, and almost tripped on the stairs.

"What?" Vegas asked and catches his breath.

Pete was holding the pan with fried eggs, glaring at him.

It wasn't the mad face that caught Vegas' attention but the fact that Pete was wearing a pink apron with cats printed all over it.

"You're cute," Vegas said and comb his hair as he wears his shirt.

"You said you'll have a meeting at seven," Pete said without even minding the compliment Vegas has told him.

"Yes, why?"

"It's already seven-thirty!" Pete shouted that making Vegas turn and look at the wall clock.

Fuck.

Vegas' lips twitched and his eyes met an annoyed face of Pete.

"I overslept. I'm so tired," Vegas said as an excuse and went near to Pete for a hug.

"Why are you even tired?" Pete asked and gave Venice his pacifier.

Vegas smirked and pulled Pete for a hug. He buried his face in Pete's neck and smell the fresh scent of Pete.

"We did it for so many rounds last night. I'm tired." Vegas teased. He can feel Pete's body stiffen from what he just said.

"What are you even saying?!" Pete asked in shock and pushed him away. "Venice is here."

Vegas can only laugh at what he is seeing right now. With a blushing face, Pete went near to the clueless Venice and tries to cover his ears.

"Venice. Your Papa gave me a rough round last night." Vegas said in a low voice that made Pete's eyes widen in both anger and shock.

"Damn! Don't tell it to the baby!"

"What? I'm just being honest."

"No, Venice. Don't listen to him." Pete said and tried to get the attention of their son who was just minding his own business while sucking the pacifier.

"Venice, last night... Did you hear some weird noises?" Vegas continued to tease.

Pete immediately went in his direction and playfully tickled Vegas.

Vegas laughs while still trying to tell Venice the story that he shouldn't know about.

"It's early in the morning and you're flirting in front of the baby." Macau appeared and happily approached Venice.

That is the typical morning in the Minor Family's mansion.

Pete happily played a nursery rhyme for Venice as they were waiting for Vegas to finish his meeting.

Both of them are on the couch.

Venice still has his poker face. It is very visible on his face that he felt so done with the nonstop ABCs and Baby Sharks he kept listening to.

On the other hand, Pete just cheerfully held Venice's hand and sway it in the air. It seems like Venice is the puppet with the enjoyment Pete has while listening to the nursery rhymes.

"I think you should stop playing the song anymore," Vegas said after he entered the room.

He sympathizes with Venice with all the nursery rhymes they kept listening to a million times.

"Why? Babies should be listening to this song." Pete said and pouted.

While still pouting, Vegas took that opportunity to kiss Pete's lips.

"Stop doing that in front of the baby!" Pete said in shock and covered their eyes of Venice.

"He will not remember that when he grew up," Vegas argued and fixed his necktie.

Venice is still nine months old. Vegas is sure that Venice will never remember the times he steals kisses from Pete in front of him.

"Where do you want to eat?" Vegas asked.

"Let's eat Southern Dishes."

Vegas smile dryly at that idea. "Pete... I don't think Venice and I can eat that."

The last time Venice smell the spiciness of the Southern Dishes, he kept sneezing unstoppably. Vegas on the other hand almost drank a ton of water.

Vegas may already have trauma from eating spicy foods. But what can he do? He has someone who doesn't have any energy once he couldn't eat anything spicy.

"Okay. I'll let you decide where we gonna eat today."

"Yes." Vegas felt like he won an important battle.

Venice looked like he is also in relief. He can finally smell something nice other than the scent of chili and pepper.

Pete carries Venice. As they walked together, Vegas' hands were on Pete's waist assisting him.

"We should eat Western Food, what do you think?" Vegas suggested.

He giggled when he saw Pete's bitter face.

"Let's eat something with rice."

"You said I will decide what we gonna eat," Vegas argued back. "Let's eat something with cheese, bread, and pasta, or maybe steak and fried foods."

"Ha?!" Pete reacted in disbelief. "Rice is important, Vegas. Rice is life." He argued back.

"No. I will choose this time." Vegas then takes a look at Venice. "Right Venice? Say yes." He said as if the baby will answer him.

The three of them are already outside the company. The bodyguards can only secretly smile together with the other employees.

They rarely see Vegas showing these kinds of emotions. Sometimes, if Vegas gets irritated, they will start praying and calling Pete's name as they knew that he can make Vegas calm.

Pete turns Venice to face him. "Say No. My son, say no."

Pete shakes Venice a little convincing him to answer.

"He isn't answering," Vegas said. "Silence means yes."

"What? Who told you that? Venice will always listen to me."

"But we are sharing the same blood," Vegas argued back and was about to snatch Venice but Pete immediately takes a few steps backward.

"Blood on my face. You can't even change his diaper without asking for my help." Pete smirked as he used that argument.

"Woah. You're using that for me? Huh?" Vegas said as he laughs with Pete.

While they were still arguing about where they wanted to eat, Pete's peripheral vision caught something.

"Pete, what's wrong?" Vegas called him.

Pete squinted his eyes and tries to look at the person that was almost at the end of the building.

"Who is that?" Pete asked.

Vegas then tries to look in the direction where Pete has been staring at. He can only see cars and people that are doesn't care about their existence.

"Nothing. Why?"

Still doubting, Pete can only hug Venice tight and went inside the car.

Pete is sure that someone is looking at them from afar.