Chapter Thirty-Three

Play the song. ;)

Home Sweet....Home?

Toni

"They're bad people Toni, just join us and everything will be ok."

"Never." I spit blood out of my mouth onto Leon, who looks down in disgust at his now red button up. "You bitch!" He backhands me, and then goes to grab the bat. I think this bat is my new best friend.

You deserve it

Why aren't you dead already?

Good question. I'm soon realizing that there's no way I'm getting out of here. I'm gonna die here, and I think I'm ok with that. They'll understand that I held on for as long as I could. They'll know I fought hard before I gave up.

I've lost track of time.

What is the meaning of time? Why worry about it when I can't even see it. I can't even know what day of the month it is. He hits my stomach repeatedly, then switches to my back, then my legs. "All you have to do is say yes." He hums. "No." I mumble back. Blood is dripping from my chin, but I could care less.

My wrist is numb and blue, my shoulder is purple, black, and swollen. I still haven't eaten anything. I've been blacking out and coming back after god knows how long with new bruises.

They don't even wait until I'm awake to hit me. They're all losers. "Ugh, you're no fun anymore." He drops the bat, and walks over to the same metal door that he entered in. The lights click off and the door clicks behind him. My tears are all drained out. I have no more to cry.

Before I can even do anything the door opens again. Oh god please I can't take anymore. It shuts softly this time and the lights never click on. A hand lands on my chest and I flinch away instinctively, but the hand remains soft. "God, what did they do to you?" I sigh in relief when I hear Sarah's voice.

"Sarah?" I groan. "I'm so sorry. I would've never if I knew...I'm gonna help you, I'm gonna get you out of here" I'm smiling in my brain. It just can't reach my lips. A flashlight glares into my face as she quickly moves it up to my hands. "They took my phone away." She says quietly.

I hear her struggling, but soon my right arm comes free. It falls limp at my side as my body groans in pain. "I'm gonna need you to try and stand, can you do that?" She whispers. I nod my head not knowing if she can even see it. My left hand comes free and my body crumbles to the ground. I catch my feet slightly before she's holding my waist and I fall further.

"Here I brought you some clothes." She holds a sweatshirt and sweatpants in her hands, and ironically me and Sarah aren't even that different in sizes. "Can you do it?" I whimper. She says a quick, small, yes while going to my back to unzip it. Her hands feel like fucking fire on my bruises.

She tries to pull my sleeve off my left arm, but I cry out in pain before she can even move it. "No no I think it's dislocated." She seems horrified to be watching this. "Sarah you need to pop it back in place." She shakes her head rapidly from side to side. "N-no I-I can't do that."

"Sarah." I snap. "If you wanna help me pop it back." I know she knows how to do this. Mafias are supposed to train them how to do this in case they get into this situation. I just didn't realize why I was learning it when I was. She grips onto my arm and shoulder and counts down for me.