Nothing

The team just landed back in Quantico after their case in Denver. The team successfully arrested the unsub but Y/N took all the beatings from them as she was abducted when they were ambushed.

"I feel like going for a drink, anybody up for Fats Fairfax?" Y/N asked as they all got into their own desks and received concerned looks from the team. "What's with the look guys? It's not the first time I'm asking you all for drinks, right?"

"We know, Y/N. It's just that are you sure you're okay to drink? You're still injured." Emily said concern evident in her voice. "Oh Emily, thank you for being concerned but I am fine really. So, anyone?" The team agreed to join you except for one, JJ.

"I'm sorry guys, I'll have to pass. The boys caught the flu from school so I'm on Mama bear duties tonight."

"Oh, that's fine, Jaye. The boys need you, I'll be drinking for you." Y/N said. They all hugged JJ goodbye and went to Fat Fairfax. The team is having fun with people drunk and singing karaoke on the stage.

"I have something to say to everyone." You got their attention and you continued, "I have been with the BAU for 8 years and I am grateful for the time I spent with everyone. With Hotch and Morgan gone, Emily filled the biggest shoe anyone could imagine and I'm glad to have witnessed she's doing an amazing job. Tara, Luke, and Matt. I'm glad to have kicked doors with you, chased assholes through the woods, snow, or may it be the highway or the desert." You said as you look around at the people you were with.

"Penelope, I'm honored to have grown with you and you taught me so much that helped me become a better profiler. Rossi, sir. Thank you for being the best mentor I could have asked for. You may have been hard on me sometimes but I understand why you were like that to me. Reid, you're like a little brother to me even though we're only months apart. You taught me how to look into something deeper and for that, I've learned and grown to be more observant around me. This is not a goodbye, this is just me being grateful for the life I have. Salut." You ended your speech and raised your glass to toast everyone.

"Y/N, no one's at the karaoke bar right now. Sing for us, please?" Emily told you begging. "Okay fine but I feel like I'm already drunk so I'll apologize now if you can't understand the shit I'm singing." You stand up and went to the DJ and told them the songs you were singing. "This is for you Rossi." You raised your glass towards him and Piano Man played. The last song is up, "This is for the person whom I've longed for and couldn't come tonight." Nothing by The Script started to play. You sang every word with emotions your voice breaking at some point yet you didn't pay much attention to it.

"Oh sometimes love's intoxicating

Oh, you're coming down, your hands are shaking

When you realize there's no one waiting"

As you sang the outro, the people in the bar gave you loud applause that brought you back to reality. You looked at your team and they were smiling, but someone caught your eyes. JJ was there with the team. You said thank you to the people you passed by as you made your way back to the team's table.

"What are you doing here, Jareau? I thought you were taking care of the boys?" You asked as you hugged her. "I was, but Will insisted I join you guys so here I am." You looked at Emily, giving her a look, asking if JJ heard what you said before you sang and she shook her head. You sighed and sat back on the chair. You all continued talking with the team but you stopped drinking and were just listening to their conversation. JJ noticed you were being quiet so she held your hand asking, "Hey, what's running in your mind? You're suddenly quiet."

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm tired, I guess. The body finally caught up that I was beaten up badly and sang my heart on the stage." You told her, with your voice slightly raspy from the singing.

"Thank you for tonight guys, see you all next week." You said to them as you're gathering your things ready to leave. JJ followed you out and called you, "Hey, I heard you were giving a speech about how grateful you are to the team and a little birdie told me I wasn't given one, why is that?"

"Oh, that? You weren't here earlier so I left you out. I thought it would be better, best, to tell all of that when we're alone and I'm all sober up."

"It's a date," JJ said making you laugh a little. You both walked towards the parking lot and you walk her up to her car. "See you once you're healed, Y/N/N. The team will be missing you out in the field."

"I know, try not to miss me too much out there." You hugged her one last time before she drove off. As you can't see her car anymore, you cried as memories back when you were being held in the unsub's basement play in your mind. JJ was all you were thinking about trying not to break under the unsub's torture. How she smiles when you make silly jokes, how she laughs whenever you play with Henry and Michael when there's a small gathering at Rossi's.

JJ kept you alive and for that, you were grateful.

You had the words yet all you said was nothing.