08.2

if he hadn't confessed the day you both broke off the deal

The professor dismisses you all and you were more than ready to dive head first onto your bed once you head home. Fourth year is exhausting, with this year having less people in your batch and more pressure was placed upon you all as you were all close to finally graduating.

With that said, your friend circle has been busy, only ever really greeting one another on the hallway or short small talks when you found one another during lunch. Needless to say, it had gotten a little lonely for a while.
You were so glad for this break, a chance to rewind and settle back for a while before the new semester comes rolling back in with more stress.

You toss the disposable cup you had drank coffee out of as soon as you left the classroom, waving goodbye to a few classmates before walking off to merge with the sea of students. You wonder if you were to bump into a friend, you missed talking to them even if it was just short greetings. Taking your phone out of your pocket, you can see notifications of the group chat you are all in celebrating the break, Heung and June very ecstatic of going out together as a group once more while Damian and Elias were more glad of the workload being hold on pause for now.

You watch the group chat move at the pace of lightning, mostly Heung and June contributing to the mass as you decided to finally send a quick message, only for you to suddenly come to a stop by bumping straight to another person.

Your hands almost dropped your phone as you quickly rose your head to apologize, only to stop as soon as you saw a familiar grin. "I don't think it's wise for you to be distracted in this crowd." He advises and you scoffed, "Shut up." You retorted, a small grin plasters you face while pocketing your phone, the crowd continues to move as if you both weren't difficult to pass by.

"You look like you're about to collapse out of exhaustion." You tell him, noticing eyebags as he shrugs, it was practically normal to look like that in this campus. "I did just finish Professor Likha's class so.." He reasons, shifting to your side as you two began to walk to wherever your feet led you.

You two catch up with one another's lives, ranging from the classes to just mundane things that had come and gone for the past semester as you both come to a stop in front of the library building. You both stood there for a while before he turned his head to your direction. "I'm planning to grab a snack before heading home, we can hang out for a while if you're free..?" He offers, the subtle tone of hopefulness waved through his question as you visibly perked up, eyes glowing. "Yes! We haven't hang out since forever!" You ignore the heat that rises from your chest when he smiled at your answer. "Great, I got a good place in mind."

He leads you to a cafe nearby campus, "Newly opened." He mentions, leading you along the sidewalk as you stand in front of the entrance. Through the glass doors and windows, you could make out the whole look of the place, colors white and brown were prominent and it gave a trendy look. You go ahead to open the door to enter, forcing him to go ahead before you closed the door behind you.