05

♡

content warning: drinking lol

"-You're just too good to be true~" You were completely drunk, a drink in hand and the other tightly gripping on the microphone that was connected to the karaoke system. "Can't take my eyes off of you!"

The end of the semester has welcomed you with open arms and your class decided to celebrate at a local bar. You would've invited Xavier along but you didn't get the chance to ask him, and he hasn't seen your texts.

It didn't matter if he didn't wanna come, it was his decision after all. And you were with the others anyway.

And right now you were currently singing your heart out to 'can't take my eyes off you' on stage, the people who were witnessing your drunk serenade cheered for you as you clumsily twirl around during the instrumental.

Heung and Damien were cheering loud, both very much drunk as they and the crowd practically acted like fans in a concert, using the flash on their phones to wave to your drunken singing. Meanwhile, Elias and June are currently the ones on the more sober side, calmly seated right in front of the stage. Elias was currently recording the whole thing while June was simply watching the show with a smile.

"I love you babey! And if it's quite alright, I need you babey! To warm the lonely night!" The crowd sings along, the mix of your classmates and strangers' voices get along as you continue the verse. "I love you, baby, trust in me when I say!"

You run your fingers through your hair, wiping away the sweat on your temple. "Oh, pretty baby! Don't let me down I pray, Oh pretty babey!" You almost slipped on your stepping. "Do-on't let me out I praY!" You repeat the wrong lyric,

Your hands drop the empty paper cup and stretch out your arm, emphasizing your emotions with the song. "Oh pretty baby, trust in me when I say..!" After the ending line, you passed out on stage.

-

Xavier regrets agreeing to watch over his parent's place while they're out for a date night.

His mind was currently running over so many things. Nothing bad even happened and yet here he was, sitting on the living room couch in a trance like he used to do so many times when he lived in this house. He should've agreed that his sister would watch the house.

He stopped trying to fight himself earlier, deciding on trying to mute his own mind that he hadn't noticed his phone was ringing for the past 5 minutes.

He finally takes notice of his device, turning it on as he goes to grab for it to see your name. He looks at the time, This is usually a late time for you.

He takes a deep breath before swiping the icon and presses the phone to his ear. "Hello?" He greets, expecting your god awful sleepy voice that he never gets tired of listening to. "Hello? Xav?" June's worried voice rings through his ear.