Chapter Five: Memories of the First Day

Craig's POV

Well, that's wonderful! I'll find out who it is...... I'll find out......

No! No, I can't stop getting these notes! I can't, and I don't want to. I don't think it is actually mentally and physically possible for these notes to stop.

These notes, this person, have changed me. Before I got them, I was a straight-up asshole to everyone. Everyone has told me that I've become much nicer, but still a bit of a bastard. It wasn't entirely my fault. Shit was horrible eveywhere for me and I wasn't taking it well at all.

And I have the scars to prove it.

~*~

I sit up in my bed and look at the time.

5:32am. No one else is ever awake at this time, so it's just me, my thoughts, and that damned tool that I just can't escape from. I take the small metal object out of the drawer I keep it in and hold it lightly in my hand.

Well, here it goes.

I take the edge of the object and lightly press it against my wrist. I quickly pull it across the surface and repaeat it five more times on each arm.

It was going just fine for a few days, there. People left me alone, dad wasn't paying attention to me. Then, it all came down on me all at once. It was like everything was stored up all for those days and just exploded on me yesterday. It's fucked up, and it's fucking me up even more.

I can't take this any longer. I can't live with this anymore. I can't live at all anymore. Washed up in sixth grade. So depressing.

Everything in the morning goes by as usual: dad yells, mom ignores, my sister laughs, and I just sit and wait for the time to leave. When it comes, I rush out of the house and to the bus stop. Clyde is standing there.

As soon as he sees me, I can see his face become pale.

"Craig!! Y-you.... your face.... you're pale! And you have bags under your eyes!" He walks over to me as I flip him off. He grabs my arm and pulls my sleeve down. "No! It's been a great couple of days, I can't leave you alone anymore can I?" I roll my eyes and pull my arm away.

"No, you don't. I won't do it anymore." I say in a weak voice.

After a bit, Tweek and Token arrive, shortly followed by the bus.

At school, I walk to my locker, ignoring Cartman's crude comments about me.

I open my locker and a blue note falls out. I pick it up and read it.

Craig, stop. Please. It hurts me to see you suffer, and I cry everytime I see you like this. Please stop. This hurts me more than everyone, and it hurts everyone else quite a bit. I see Clyde everyday getting upset to see you like this. He's the one that most expresses his emotions for this, but nothing can comepare to how much this hurts me. You are loved..... by me....... I love you, ever since I met you. Don't do this to yourself anymore. Be happy, you have something to smile about finally. With love~~

I feel tears fall down my face as I read the love letter.

But does this person really care?

I don't even care right now. All I know is that someone may care.

And I can live to see another day.

~*~

I shudder at the memories. I can't believe I did that..... I hate that I did that, but I won't do it again. Not after feeling this way I feel now.

I smile knowing that I am loved.

Thank you, so much, whoever you are.

Tweek's POV

I lay on my bed and stare at the cieling, slightly shaking.

He'll find out soon. I'll let him, but in the way I want it. Maybe..... he'll love me too......

I close my eyes, remembering how it used to be while thinking about what the note said.

~*~

I take a shakey breath in and put the folded paper into his locker and rush to my own locker.

Oh Jesus!!!! What am I doing??? He's a guy, and why do I love him? He's mean!!!

But, I do. I always will.

The warning bell ring and everyone swarms in like a pack of rats. I get everything I need and look around to find Craig. I eventually spot him walking slowly and loosely to his locker. He slowly opens it and I watch my note fall out.

Pick it up and open it....... please......

He bends down shakily and I sigh when he opens it and reads it.

After a few moments, I see tears roll down his face as he looks around and puts the note in his pocket. I freak out and start walking to my first hour with a second note in hand, waiting for lunch.

~*~

I feel a tear roll down my own cheek. What if he doesn't like me??!? What if he goes back to cutting and almost killing himself??!?!? AHHH, WHAT IF HE DOES KILL HIMSELF?!?!??!

The thoughts all cross my mind. This could go really bad, or really good.

Please, please go really good!

~*~