Awake?

3rd Person's Pov

Trudging to his home, Hanma felt overwhelming guilty. He's was so foolish, he knew better to not act on impulse. Now Kazutora would never forgive him and it was all his fault. He brought his finger up to his lips, stretching the sides til it formed a crooked smile which soon droop back into a frown. Hanma felt horrible, even a fake smile couldn't enlighten his mood.

Soon, wet and slimy tears stained his cheeks. He rubbed them away harshly, reddening his cheeks in the process. In his eyes, he looked stupid while crying. What was he doing? Kissing his best friend out of desperation of love? So unlike him! He should've known better.

He felt undoubtly empty but still he shouldn't do all this impulsive things. He should keep himself sane so that if Kisaki ever wakes up, he would be able to see him instead of getting stuck in the mental hospital or something. Hanma sighed before throwing himself on the couch.

Hanma then eyed his packet of ciggarates. He pondered. Should he smoke? Without further thoughts, Hanma grabbed a ciggarate and lit it up. The tip burned passionately, just like how passionate Hanma's love for Kisaki was. He inhaled the smoke before exhaling the smoke slowly. Hanma smiled to himself, he felt inevitably better. Soon, fond memories began playing in his mind. He began remembering about the times when Kisaki advised him to quit smoking.

"You smell like tobacco now. You sure you aren't turning into a ciggarate with the amount of ciggarates you smoke per day?" Kisaki hissed, covering his nose in the process.

"Come on, it's not that bad. You should try it." Hanma answered, teasingly shoving a ciggarate into Kisaki's face.

Kisaki then swatted the ciggarate out of Hanma's grasp, causing it to tumble to the ground. Hanma eyed Kisaki unhappily, a good ciggarate had gone to waste thanks to the shortie infront of him. Kisaki smirked, happy that the ciggarate was out of sight. He then pulled Hanma along as they continued their journey to Tenjiku's hideout. Hanma tried to keep his composure due to his palpitating and irregular heartbeat.

"See. If you'll listen to me, it'll bring you benefits. Now you look more fresh." Kisaki stated, smiling in the process.

Hanma's heart rate went even more quicker and he smiled wholeheartedly at the compliment.

Soon a sharp sound jolted Hanma out his thoughts. He looked around, wondering where that annoying sound was coming from. He then looked onto the table, watching his phone vibrating uncontrollably. Hanma sighed, flipping the cover of the phone and accepting the call.

"Hello?" Hanma greeted, annoyance visible in his tone.

He checked the time, it was 3 pm.

"Hello, you're Shuji Hanma right?" A younger sounding male answered back.

"Look if it's a scam, I'm hanging up right now..." Hanma threatened, almost hanging up the call in annoyance.

Scammers were truly annoying. Scamming people of out their property and risking yourself into prison or a few thousand dollar fine seemed lame in Hanma's opinion.

"WAIT-" The younger sounding male screamed by accident, breaking his voice in the process.

Hamma chuckled as he  heard the male clearing up his throat.

"Sorry, Hanma-san but I'm calling to let you know that Tetta is awake-" The latter announced, shocking Hanma to the brim.

"Hanma-san?" The latter questioned before getting abruptly hung up on.

Kisaki's really awake and alive? No that can't be...

Hanma's thoughts were spiralled in his mind. For a year, he has never heard a word from Kisaki nor received a text, and suddenly Kisaki's alive? Hanma couldn't believe it. He has been waiting for this day to come, but instead of being in the sheer happiness he expected himself to be in, he's mostly in disbelief.
Finally life had some thrill. Soon he heard his phone vibrating again.

1 text from Kisaki

Was he seeing it right? Kisaki's really texting him again after a year? Hanma teared up, Kisaki's really back. He rushed out of his home, making a beeline to his motorcycle, driving off full speed. He didn't care about the occasional honks he received from the cars he sped by, all he wanted to do was to see Kisaki.

After he reached the hospital, his feet carried him to Kisaki's ward. It was a muscle memory, he had been going there everyday for a year, of course he remembers where Kisaki's at. He stares through the window, the exact window that brought him pain a while back. But now, it was the window to his happiness. There Kisaki was, sitting up on his bed, furtively texting people. Tears streamed down his cheeks, Kisaki's really back in his life.

"Little do you know how long I've been waiting for this day to come..." Hanma muttered incoherently under his breath as he went into Kisaki's ward.