3. Changing The Past

Along those blurred lines of the past and the future, I finally got you. I got you back.

********

"It's good that you came right away, there was definitely a high chance of heart attack," the doctor said after studying Sidharth's test reports. 

It's been more than an hour in the hospital. As soon as they reached, the doctor took some tests and admitted Sidharth. They inserted the IV and attached the glucose and also attached a heart monitor to keep track of his heartbeats.

"We'll monitor him till the morning and if there will be improvements we'll discharge him." The doctor said before asking for injection from the nurse. He injected Sidharth with the medicine and told him to sleep for a bit and left to check his other patients.

Shehnaaz caressed his head and placed a kiss. "Sleep baby I want you to be okay when you wake up"

"Don't worry sweetheart I am not gonna leave you this time." He pecked her hand and look at old Shehnaaz blinking his eyes at her. Old Shehnaaz smiled in return and mouthed "Take care".

As soon as he slept because of the effect of the medicines, Shehnaaz left the room and came out. She covered her mouth and sobbed awfully. She could've lost him. This could be their last moment. She didn't know how to cope with this feeling.

"Bua..." Keehu placed her hand on Shehnaaz's shoulder hesitantly, she didn't know how to address this woman who is her bua but only a few years older than her.

Shehnaaz glanced at her and embraced her into a hug. "I...I... could've..." She hiccuped "I know...I know it's okay" Keehu consoled her rubbing her back.

"Thank you, Thank you so much" Shehnaaz thanked and kissed her cheek. Typical Bua, Keehu mused.

"He'll be fine...he has to," She said nodding at her and Shehnaaz reciprocated. Old Shehnaaz looked at them emotionally, the interaction of her young self and her niece. Keehu glanced at her Bua over Shehnaaz's shoulder and blinked her eyes at her.

"Bua..." Keehu called and Shehnaaz looked at the Future Shehnaaz glancing at her. Old Shehnaaz cleared her throat and said "It's late, let's go to cafeteria". The aura of future Shehnaaz is so compelling that Shehnaaz can't help but nod in affirmation to her. 

They reached the cafeteria and Keehu noticed both Shehnaazs went in the opposite direction to get something. Keehu looked at the awkwardness between both of them amusedly and shrugged before settling down at the table in the centre of the cafeteria.

"Coffee" "Sandwich" Keehu found two hands from opposite directions came her way, simultaneously. Both Shehnaazs looked at each other in shock, Keehu looked at them and guffawed.

"Thank you Buas" She acknowledged taking the Coffee and the sandwich from both of their hands. Both Shehnaazs took their seats and passed the remaining coffee and sandwiches to each other silently.

"Why are you guy so awkward around each other? You both are Shehnaaz I thought you'll be best of friends" Keehu said taking a bite from her sandwich and swallowing it with the coffee.

"I never knew this could happen. Meeting my future self it's surreal" Young Shehnaaz said.

"Even though I never thought it was possible, she did it," Old Shehnaaz said gesturing towards Keehu.

"How?" Young Shehnaaz asked perplexed.

"She made a time machine. You won't believe She's super intelligent. Our Shehbaaz's daughter" Old Shehnaaz said proudly.

"Shehbaaz ki beti?" Young Shehnaaz asked shocked.

"Yes," Future Shehnaaz giggled "Gurkeerat Kaur Gill Pyaar se hum Keehu bulate hai isko" She pulled her right cheek, and Keehu whined at the move rubbing her cheek.