2. Meeting The Past

Tu jo nazro ke saamne kal hoga nahi
Tujhko dekhe bin main mar na jaaun kahi...
*********

She can't believe her eyes, it happened she's here! She can save him now. A sob escaped from her mouth and she fell to her knees crying loudly.

Keehu didn't know how to react. She succeeded, she did it finally! Her eyes were sparkling with the joy of her victory. She's finally feeling accomplished in her life. Her reverie was broken when she heard a loud sob it came from her bua. She saw Shehnaaz falling to her knees and howling in pain.

"Bua... Bua look at me" She cupped Shehnaaz's face.

"Now is not the time we are finally here! We need to save him" She tried to console Shehnaaz, wiped her tears and helped her stand up.

"You're right! You're right." Shehnaaz nodded wiping her face with her hands and clearing her throat "We need to save him" She said before looking at the building and running towards their wing of the society, Keehu following suit.

They took the lift to their floor and waited impatiently, finally, it arrived after what felt like hours they got in hastily. Shehnaaz punched in the floor number and the door closed. Shehnaaz kept tapping her feet while waiting for their floor to arrive. Keehu wasn't doing anything except looking out for her bua and keeping her calm.

They reached their 25 years old apartment. Shehnaaz looked at the wooden nameplate 𝑺𝒊𝒅𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝑺𝒉𝒖𝒌𝒍𝒂 was written on it in bright golden colour. She gingerly touched the name and felt the hot tingling sensations by touching that name, another tear dropped from her right eye.

"Bua..." Keehu put her hand on Shehnaaz's right shoulder, Shehnaaz nodded her head. Gulping the huge lump in her throat she took a huge gasping breath and exhaled, calming her nerves she pressed the doorbell waiting for it to open.

After a few minutes, the door clicked open and she saw Rita Shukla standing before her. She's seeing Maa after 12 years. It has been 12 years of her death. She couldn't help but hugged her tightly, feeling her touch after so long is making her feel emotional and calm at the same time.

"Maa..." She breathed out

"Dadi" Keehu called simultaneously.

Of course, she remembered her Rita Dadi. How could she not? Between Pammi Dadi and Rita Dadi, she remembers most of her time spent with Rita Dadi in her childhood. She used to play with her, eat with her and even sleep with her. She remembers how Rita Dadi used to pamper her. Dadi used to make all her favourite dishes and always used to take her to the park with her. Seeing her now brings all those childhood memories back. Tears brimmed in her eyes thinking about that time.

Rita Shukla was in shock with this woman hugging her. She couldn't get the proper glimpse but she looked like Shehnaaz except she looks like double the age of Shehnaaz. Moreover, Shehnaaz was inside, how come there be two Shehnaaz at the same time? The young girl behind her looks quite emotional too. What's Happening?

Shehnaaz's eyes opened and her gaze met with Sidharth and her younger self looking at her surprised. She let go of Rita Maa and moved forward into the house in trance. Her eyes refused to leave Sidharth's face, she is looking at him after so long. Those eyes used to carry unconditional love for her. Those lips used to praise her, tease her and kiss her. His hair, she used to caress that hair all the time. His face, she kissed that face so many times with all the love she carried for him. With each memory, she put her foot forward closer to him.

Sidharth studied the woman in front of her though the woman looked a few years older than him still she is beautiful. Her hair clutched behind her head but the few strands of her hair are falling on her face. She looked as beautiful as Shehnaaz. Wait! Shehnaaz?! Shehnaaz is beside him but this woman is looking exactly like Shehnaaz but older. Is she a doppelganger of Shehnaaz? He almost forgot about the anxiety he was feeling for a few minutes and right then it kicked in, he groaned at the uneasiness and both Shehnaaz and her doppelganger ran towards him.