My Thank You Message

Okay. Um... oh, boy... how should I start this?

Um, so, uh, look. Half of you are probably not gonna read this but uh... oh wow this seems harder than I thought. I'm not joking this is actually kind of hard. In the wedding chapter, you can tell how posh the narrator is at the beginning because that is Sylvaine. You're talking to the master behind her, Chloe, and uh, this is... really awkward. A lot more awkward than I had anticipated. I don't usually act like this I swear! 

But I've been planning to write this thank you message for a long time now, maybe after my plan to write the wedding chapter and I had some things planned out on what to talk about but I didn't know it'd be awkward. Specifically talking about how to start the message, hehe... I'll just go with the flow, whatever I can think of, I will say in this message.

So, I just want to talk about the time when I first started out, last year. I remember some highlights in my mind when I first wrote the roleplay Sofia (og readers, I think you know who she is.) and I did before. I don't remember if I felt embarrassed or not confident at all when I was writing the first chapter before it was unedited, but looking back at the first chapter — I guess you can say I was really happy and excited after I wrote the chapter in the author's note. I did finish the story but then I decided that it was too short so I continued to make it feel like an actual book. 

January of last year was when I started out. I remember showing my first but unfinished draft to Sofia after our roleplay and she couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't either. And right now, as you are reading this, I was smiling so much like an idiot, writing this. Sofia and I were planning to make another roleplay where Albedo was so dense like a dork toward love but we ended up not doing it because our ideas were limited and even if we did, I don't think I could make a book out of it. This is a trip down nostalgia for me and I can't stop smiling so much. 

I remember during the roleplay, Sofia and I was so frantic, always panicking and literally shouting at each other virtually when it came to us doing the roleplay. We'd always have network problems, how both of us were called to eat, you know — that afk stuff. And during the Qingyun Peak scene, where the iconic line where Albedo flirted: "The clouds aren't soft as your skin." A guy friend of mine joined and literally third-wheeled, sort of ruining the roleplay but it added to the charm because he was dying in the background, both literally and figuratively. Maybe even virtually. It was so funny how Sofia and I were occupied in our little roleplay while he just thought about his life decisions and commented multiple times about how jealous and single he felt while reading and watching. Attempted to ruin the roleplay, smh. 

But here's footage of the iconic line and scene where Albedo flirted about Sucrose's skin compared to the clouds:

Here is even my guy friend raging about the fact he couldn't have Sucrose for himself LMFAO

I have other photos but I won't be showing them so much. Even if you guys would want to see it, I'd like to keep it to myself.

But the one that caused us the most trouble was when Sucrose kissed Albedo on Starsnatch Cliff. Sofia kept on disconnecting and being disturbed meanwhile, I, on the other hand, was trying my best to hide the recent chat messages in the game whenever a family member of mine walked by. It was like FNAF if it had co-op, LMAO! From the first chapter up until the bonus chapter of Sucrose's ears were all inspired by roleplays. (before it was unedited) But from chapter 10 1/2, I was independent and didn't need to roleplay as I already thought of ideas to continue the story. We actually didn't start out in the morning like what the first chapter was told in but we started out in Dragonspine (but that scene was then moved to chapters 4 and 5) where the both of us managed to get the domain and the huge floating pillar. I don't have much footage of it because we didn't screenshot it before.

To be honest, I don't know how I feel about all of this. It all started with a simple roleplay for fun, writing for fun, publishing for fun, and then when I got support from you guys — I actually want to start my future career as an author. I never knew writing a story would be hard for beginners but it seems like I got the starter bundle. To think this all started from a roleplay is just... beyond me. Like, how did I get to this? I dunno, it just seems so surreal, haha. I often forget why I ended up here in the first place but this is all thanks to Sofia. I don't remember who decided to make a roleplay just for shits and giggles but if it wasn't for that, I don't think I'd be here today. 

She even told me to download Wattpad just to publish the story and at first, I had my doubts, (mostly because of the ratings) but I eventually gave in and actually published the story. I didn't know what to feel at that time but from what I can recall, I felt neutral — thinking that it wouldn't be popular, but guess what? It is popular. However, despite how popular this book is, it's also the cringy thing I have ever written. Looking back at how I wrote it before and how I couldn't make up my mind to either write the story in present tense or past tense just made it worse for me. I have a love-hate relationship with this book and I finally relate to the feeling of something you're not proud of becoming successful, somehow, to the fans. But don't get me wrong — I am proud of this. I just wasn't when I revisited it just to edit it.

I couldn't possibly be here today without your guy's support and the fact that my dream is to become an author is astounding to me. But I mostly have to thank Sofia for starting all of this. If it wasn't for her, or any of you guys, I don't think I'd be this happy to write. It's like unlocking a hidden talent and let me tell you, it's one of the best things to ever experience. 

So, thank you, Sofia -scqra — for being the beginning and the foundation of this book. You really are such a charming girl in multiple ways I can never imagine.

But I think that's all that I can say in this message, it already has 1k words and that's far too long just for a message filled with gratitude. I expected myself to just thank you all but I figuratively dragged you guys down memory lane with me, when I was roleplaying with her and speaking some hidden fun facts about the chapters themselves and whatnot but, um, yeah. That's all I can think of right now, I don't want to put so much and waste your time so I'll end it right here.

I know some of you guys wish that this book never ended but some things have to have limits, and this book is one of those things. I actually feel sad, knowing that our journey together has ended. But... it was fun. I enjoyed every bit about this, (except for the editing which caused me to quit multiple times before resuming again) how I first started out, how your guys' comments sometimes amuse me, how everything escalated to this, and how the journey with you all was very fun.

Remember what I said at the ending chapter? Where our paths will cross once more? Well, it sure did and now, I officially announce my final farewell to you all. Thank you guys once again, for everything. Let us meet again except somewhere far, beyond this place, and reunite. I bid you goodbye as this will be the last time you see me here, the last time you get an update, and the last chapter you will ever read. This is my goodbye to you.

Farewell, my dear reader. Until our paths cross again.

End of My Thank You Message

Story by: Sylvaine
Credits: Sofia
Inspired by: Sofia and I's roleplay

Written and officially ended, May 21, 2022, 8:10 am