Prologue

" THIS IS JUST A BEGINNING, TO AN UNFORTUNATE END. "

Her eyes raked through the veil on her head, at herself in the mirror. She looked ethereal. Her body was clad in a deep maroon lehenga choli set. The blouse going deep till her cleavage, which was hidden by the layers of dupatta on her body. The lehenga was adorned with gemstones of grey and blue, some shining in a violet colour as light shone on them. The net that covered her rose turned hair, reached till the tip of her nose. Her eyelashes fluttered as she stared in her eyes.

It was her, the real her.

No more hide and seek was left to be played.

She stared at herself, her lips which were coloured in a deep red shade turned towards the right, contorting into a smirk. The gleam in her eyes shone brighter than any gem, any diamond that resided on her body right now.

Well, some things are still the same, were still the same, and will remain the same.

Her mind was in a hazardous state, it all felt like a dream. A dream she's always ran away from. A dream she's never wanted to believe in because she never thought it'll get accomplished. And now that she's sitting in her room, adorned with the heaviest jewellery, the prettiest clothes and an enormous amount of beauty, she feels like the girl she thought she lost years ago.

She felt her heart skip a beat everytime she thought of walking down those stairs, and into the mandap, where thousands of people waited for her, had their eyes and camera set in place for her to give them the power walk she always gives. Her mouth parted to inhale as she felt her breath hitch everytime she thinks of what his reaction would be.

Even if it's for the show, she still went through every ritual, every feeling, every emotion she thought she would never experience after that day.

She never thought that she'll be looking at her dressed like a bride, again.

The door to her opened, her eyes straying from her figure in the mirror to her brothers. All of them stealing hearts in their designer sherwanis. A smile captured her face as she stood up, walking towards them with a bunch of tears in her eyes. Never had she thought that she would let them see her like this. Never had she thought that she'll even get to call them her's. But it's happening.

She walked out her room as her brother's held the doli from the four corners. Ansh holding the front two sides. And as she walked towards the staircase, and down the carpeted stairs into the mandap, where he waited for her, she couldn't help but feel genuine happiness, the gleam of eyes, the lovesick squeal of her heart and her erratic breathing.

She felt free.

She felt light.

Now that all Her Secrets were out of the bag, she knew she had so much to lose, but she also knows that she's capable of protecting those who she loves, because when she loves, she doesn't just love them, she owns them.

In every way possible.

And she'll own them for the rest of her lives as well. Because, when she owns something, she never lets it go, she'll burn down the entire world, she'll raise hell, but she'll never let her world collapse. And they are her world.

_____________________________________________

A/N: I hope it was worth it. 

The first 3 chapter will be posted on Scrollstack on 15th March, 24 because I had some personal problems to look onto today and couldn't complete the deadline.

Sorry!

Do vote and comment. Makes my day. 

Signing off

Yashita