Suit Up

They didn't like each other

They didn't like each other. They didn't like each other at all.

Now that the cat was out of the bag, Khonshu had appeared again to Steven and Marc and had returned their suit to them, like a temptation.

Harrow was dead, Jake had killed him, Marc's emancipation from the moon God had been of no consequence. Well, at least he didn't pull the trigger himself. Sort of.

Jake avoided them by all means. Neither Steven nor Marc could reach him in their mind. He only talked to you, only fronted for you, well, you and Khonshu.

Days were for Steven, evenings were for Marc, nights were for Jake.

And you loved every second of every day.

It wasn't easy, you knew that, but it didn't scare you away. Finding out Jake had killed Harrow had almost destroyed Marc and it had been a very long weekend for all of them to find an arrangement they could live with. Not be happy with, but could live with. Because although Marc refused to kill anymore, Jake loved to be Khonshu's fist of vengeance.

He had seemed ready to kill Jake by any means, even if it meant killing himself. But then there was Steven. He didn't want to hurt Steven. And he didn't want to hurt you. He didn't want to leave you.

You could see the agony on his face as you cleaned his bloody hand after he had punched the mirror in the bathroom while in an argument with Jake.

"I'm sorry," he said.

That was all he could say. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He whispered it over and over again. Like it was his fault.

"You're not responsible for Jake's actions, Marc."

"How can you be okay with this?" he asked. It wasn't an accusation. He wanted to know, because he wanted the pain to go away. Because you loved him so much you were ready to forgive and forget Jake's nightly activities, his former activities, and he wanted to accept himself as you accepted him.

"Remember when you killed... him?"

He scoffed. Of course he remembered.

"Maybe it makes me a bad person, but I'm glad you killed him. And you weren't sad about it either, if I remember correctly."

"He hurt you. He deserved it."

"Exactly. Khonshu only goes after bad people, you know that."

"I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill Harrow. Even though... even though that left the entire world at risk..."

"Killing isn't easy when you're a good person, Marc," you said as you wrapped a bandage around his wounded knuckles. "In that moment you wanted to do good. You thought you were doing the right thing, and you were. Life is complicated Marc. Harrow might have died in that hospital, or someone might have found him and freed Ammit and more people would have died. You wanted what Khonshu and Jake wanted, to punish them for their deeds, and to stop more people from dying. You're not so different. Nothing is forcing you to wear that suit, Marc. And if you want to, you could wear it, but it doesn't mean you need to kill. You can protect people. Use it for good. Make amends. Until your hands feel clean. Until you feel like you're doing some good."