4×It's Not Fine

Parkers POV

Back to you, Tom." The woman on TV finishes.
Shit.
"Chester!" I yell.
"What now?" He stomps out of the room.
"Look." I rewind the news and he watches. His face turns pale.
"That's not good.." He almost whispers.
"Yeah, it'll be fine though, they'll catch her." I mutter.
"It's not fine!"
He stomps out of the room and I sit there, staring at a wall.
There's no way she'd come for us, right?
All we did was put her in jail..
And I dumped her..
And..
Okay, I did cause some things, but they'll catch her eventually, right?
I stand up and pace around the room for a few minutes, trying to clear my mind of what I just heard.
"Dude, can you stop pacing back and forth, please?" Chester walks into the room, annoyed.
"Sorry, I'm just trying to not think of Ame." I apologize.
"I know." He sighs. "Want to talk about it?"
"What?" I ask.
"What?" He replies.
"Nothing, I just thought you were still angry with me.."
"I kind of am, but we should probably just talk about what we saw. I mean, there's nothing really to talk about, but we could still say something?"
"Sure. Her last name is Castino?"
"Hah, yeah, sounds Italian." He laughs dryly.
"Yeah." I reply. Awkward tension filled the air. "Uhm, do you, want to go to the mall with me? I was going to go to Pail'd for some new pants. We could talk, just like before." I suggest.
"Oh, sure. Let's go."
...
We hop out of the car as we arrive at Bull Mall- not sure why it's called that. We didn't speak a word the whole way. I hated that.
As we enter the store, we walk around for a little bit, making occasional small talk, then we get to Pail'd.
"Alright, ah, yes, this is what I was looking for." I look at a pair of black ripped jeans.
"Black jeans is all you wear." Chester reminds me.
"I know, but- ooh, nope, too much money." My eyes widen.
"How much? Eighty?" He asks.
"You don't want to know." I laugh. He awkwardly laughs back.
...
Just before Chester and I are about to pay for our items (not the eighty dollar jeans), two guys walk in as we head to the cash register.
"There! That's them!" One of the looks directly at Chester and I.
"Hey, you're Parker Hajiaskari, and Chester Beckington, right?" One of them asks us.
"Uh, yeah, that's us." I notice one of them is holding a big camera, like people on the news do.
"Alright, well we're from Channel Eight News, and were wondering if we could do a quick interview on what the one-on-one fight with Ms. Amerose?"
"Oh, uhh..sure, live?" I ask.
"Yep, in three..two..action!" The man pulls a microphone out of who knows where, and holds it up to his mouth.
"Well, I'm Coop here in Blooming Dale Mall, with Parker Hajiaskari and Chester Beckington. Parker, how was it like to be in a relationship with Ms. Amerose before the fight?"
"Oh-well, now that I think about it, I should've seen the red flags before." I quickly spit out as I try to rack my brain. It was so long ago that I don't remember a whole lot of it. "She was definitely controlling, it seemed like she was just using me."
"Aw, man. What happened during your fist fight? How did it occur?" He says.
"Well, the day I broke up with Ame, she threatened me and told me to meet her somewhere at around three, I think, but I didn't, instead Chester, " I point to him, "and I went to some forest, we stayed there but she found us. We-she mostly-started shouting insults back and forth to each other until she pushed me to the ground, and it all escalated from there." I explain.
"Alright, what about you, Chester, did you fight her at all?" He moves the microphone to Chester, and I can see him body tense up.
"Oh, yeah, I think I punched her a few times, Parker did most of it though." He nervously chuckles.
"Cool, cool, so, how did the fight end? What happened the next day?"
"Chester actually punched Amerose out!" I turn to smile at him, then turn back and face the camera. "And, the next day was kind of, just normal, we went to back to school and I think only a few people gave us weird looks, but that was it. We were told that she got sent to Juvy."
"Interesting story, and how are you now? Mentally, I mean."
"I've been doing fine, it's been a while since then, you know? Haven't seen her out yet." I smile.
"That's good. Well, thank you two for this interview, and this has been Coop with Channel Eight News, back to you, Tom."
"Cut." The camera man says.
"Thanks you two." Coop turns to us and holds out a hand.
I shake it. "You got it." Chester also shakes his hand, and they leave.
"Man, that was interesting." Chester mentions.
"Yeah, I suppose we should pay for these now?"
"Oh, right."
...
We got home and I quickly ran inside to put the clothes back. We were going to go on a walk through the city. It just turned eight (at night), so we weren't going to go for too long.
As we're driving, we find a small grass park area, lit with golden, bright lamps and brown wooden benches.
"This looks nice." Chester says before we get out of the car.
"It does, very pretty." I reply.
We stroll down the park, hand in hand, admiring the night sky and cool night breeze. Along with my favourite sounds.
Silence.
But, that quickly gets interrupted as police cars wizz past us.
"Uh oh, someone's in trouble." Chester chuckles.
"Yeah, hah."
We continue walking for a little bit, then the grass stops.
"Want to walk down that way? There's lights, so we should be fine." I suggest.
"Sure." He replies.
We walk down a cement block, I look at the stores that are just shutting down for the night. A bakery, a Claire's, a wedding cake place. Chester and I should go there soon.
"Hey.." Chester says and he stops mid-track. "I'm-I'm sorry."
"Huh?"
"I was being rude to you for a couple days, I think I'm just really out of it." He looks down.
"Oh, thanks, but..I should really be the one apologizing, I've acted like a douche the past couple of days, I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm sorry." I sigh.
"Thanks-"
"AAAH!" We hear a scream coming from in between two buildings, we stare at each other, then run over to see what it was. And on the ground, we saw a man.
He couldn't have been taller than six feet, dark messy hair, a slight beard and scared eyes. But when I looked closer, I saw blood.
"Oh, no.." Chester says.
"I know..we need to call the police." I try to whisper.
Chester seems to be frozen, but I ignore him and pull out my phone to dial nine-one-one, but just before I click the call button, Chester says something.
"I think I know that man." He steps forward.
"Chester, be careful!" I pull him back.
A single tear streams down his face.
"That's..
That's my dad..."
...

Ok, I've give up on adding "poems" at the end lmao.
I looked for like 10 mins to find the last name I made up for Chester in the last story, turns out his name is Beckington.
WC- 1286 words.