The Impossible

The girl in front of me is dying slowly in a painful suffocating death...

and I can't do anything to help her.

She has done this to herself. It's her fault, yet I still feel guilty.

The blood keeps dripping off her face onto the cold tiles.

So much blood was lost, but she still has yet to learn her lesson.

I just keep looking at the girl, pity turns into rage.

I don't care for the girl, I've never even talked to her, why should I be worried about someone else's mistake and misfortune?

It's not my problem to deal with in the first place.

The girl turns around to face me, her face full of pain and dread. She looks at me like I'm supposed to do something to help her.

She starts to choke on something inside her throat.

She starts coughing, her throat looks like it's being penetrated from the inside.

The girl throws up a whole red rose, it had thorns and blood all over it. She stared in disbelief at what just come out of her mouth.

 I just looked at her like she was a nuisance and that she should have known better.

She should take better care of herself.

The girl slowly started to cry, the salty water hitting the bloody rose on the floor.

She started to cough some more but this time it was just red rose petals.

She looked back at me with pity, she expects me to do something like it was not my own choice to make.

The light shines through the window, making the room bright enough to see. We were the only people in the room at the time, maybe that's why she was looking at me like I'm her only life source.

The girl gets up from her seat a little wobbly and looks me straight in the eye,

"Why are you so selfish?! Don't you see me dying right in front of your eyes? Don't you feel any pity at all?! What if I was someone else that you cared about, would you still feel the same?!"

Before the girl could go on about her rant she started to choke on her own words.

She started to cough uncontrollably, desperate to get the thing out of her throat.

She started to suffocate, she was taking too long.

She just looked at me with pain in her eyes, I did nothing but stare at the dying girl.

I felt anything but pity for the girl, she deserved it after all.

Soon later the girl went limp, she was not breathing either.

A red rose started to grow out of her mouth and bloom.

So much blood, petals, and roses... I got up from my seat not looking back.
I closed the door behind me and forgot everything that had just happened.

It doesn't matter though, I couldn't do anything in the first place.

She should have avoided the inevitable, but I guess that would be impossible.