Growing Older

You are one year old.
So very innocent, just at the start of life.
Everybody loves you and gives you all the attention in the whole world. 
But soon this will all be blurred from your memory.

You are now five years old.
You have a better understanding of how life and the objects around people work, somewhat.
Everyone still treats you like a baby, and you just ignore it.
Some of your innocence has gone away, but not all, there is still a lot to learn.

You are now ten years old.
Life has been pretty easy for you, so far.
You've started to get annoyed by your parents still acting like you don't know any better, because you don't.
You have started to act like you know every dirty joke until you learn the things you just said in your joke are not true.

You are now fifteen years old.
You have started to act like the world is against you and that everybody wants to hurt you in some kind of way.
You have started to freak out now because you don't know what you're going to do with your life.
Your parents have become more disciplined with you, they expect more after all.

You are now twenty years old.
You've got your own house and moved away from your parents since you can't take their attitude anymore.
You also have a trash job that pays minimum wage since you never went to college, retail.
You have gotten pretty immature lately and your parents won't shut up about it.

You are now thirty years old.
How time flies, it's really interesting, isn't it?
You've started to rethink your life decisions and started to make your life better for your health.
But that soon deteriorates as you met a person on tinder who has a drug addiction.

You are now thirty-five years old.
Your parents are now really disappointed in you, no shit since you have an addiction to drugs now.
You have broken up with your partner, it only lasted a week, not even.
You have started to give up on life and do whatever you want now, after all, you have no job.

You are now dead from a drug overdose.
Your parents were disappointed in you, but when they heard the news they were devastated, they still loved you after all.
So sad to go out so soon, only 45.

Some lives are bound to go in the wrong direction, but overall it's up to you to figure out what is right from wrong.