SIX [ A new home ]

I was finally able to get out of the hospital and congratulated myself for not freaking out over the past couple of days.

"Let me get it for you"

Mia Chen, mother of Dove Chen. Kind, generous, someone that loves her daughter genuinely. A 40 year old woman yet she still looks like an elegant lady, she must have been beautiful in her early years.

She also lost her husband but unlike my mother from the real world, she didn't succumb to the loss.

She was much braver and stronger.

"No" after refusing, I held the bag tightly and started waiting for a cab. I did to notice the lost expression behind me and waited till a cab has finally reached us.

The two of us helped each other and moved our belongings to the back of the cab, soon, I watched as the unfamiliar sceneries filled my sight and decided to take a break.

My mother from the real world would have died sooner from starvation. I mean she's already dead in the inside and I was there preserving her life on the outside, but now I'm here.

I can only feel sorry and saddened for her inevitable death, but only a little bit. I don't have any more feelings about her. My mother has already died the moment my father did.

"We're here"

Eyes open wide, I look at the rundown state of the apartment, with a shrug I took the bags from the back an waited for Mia to arrive.

"Come on Dove, what do you want for lunch? Do you want some noodles or meat buns?" Mia Chen was busy, the dust hasn't been settled yet and it has already accumulated in the crevices of their home.

"Anything" the cupboard seems to be lacking with ingredients.

"Seat here first!"

With a quick rub, the seat was free of dust and I soon sat on it, looking at the busy figure of Mia.

She's so much like my mother before she died. So much that I feel like I was still in my teens, waiting for my father to arrive home and eat dinner together.

"Dove? Are you alright?"

"Um" I hum in response before she was back to the kitchen, the concern in her eyes poking me as she peek at me again.

I didn't put my attention to it anymore, my sight wondering from the cream walls that seems to lost it's vibrance; the small space that made the kitchen and the dining room one; one room so narrow it could only fit one bed and a couch that seems to have aged terribly with the wood falling off with every seat.

"Come on, I cooked your favorite noodles!"

A warm dish, it's been so long since I've tasted a home cooked dish. With a slurp I felt my stomach warm, in a second it was already finished and I felt my stomach protesting from eating too much.

"Here" I placed half of the egg from her bowl.

"Oh, you don't have to-"

"Eat"

Mia Chen looked at her daughter fondly and with the end of her eyes reddening, she finally ate the half of the egg I put in her bowl. Like a pious devotee, she slowly ate it with devotion and happiness.

"Come on, you should rest first. The hospital isn't as comfortable as home"

Home. Lost it once and now it's back.

I just obediently did what she said and opened the door, as I expected, it was small and big enough for me to sleep.

"The bathroom is below us, if you have any questions you can ask Old Lady Liu from door 314. I will be going to the factory today and will be available later this evening. I already asked your head teacher for school leave so you can be relieved. If you don't have anything to do you can go out to the plaza but do not stay late and go far. If you're hungry I have already bought a few meat buns from Old Jiang downstream and if you're still hungry there's a few stalls in our road"

With that long winded conversation I was given 30 yuan and soon watched Mia Chen leave the door with one more concerned expression.

***

Hey everyone! Sorry for the soooooooooooooo long response!

I just wanted to ask y'all, do you still want this story to be continued? I mean this has been too long and I truly could not remember much of this story and how it will take place. Plus- I got work now and I'm not sure if I could still update though sooooooooooo what are your thoughts?

Byeee!