Stars will fall

11:53

The time is 11:53 pm. Its cold outside right now. The sky is flared with the remembrance of a deep dark blue.

 The window takes in the dim moonlight as Mason gazes at the stars. His hazel eyes graze the moon with the abyss of darkness surrounding it. He can feel the gaps in-between the window let in cold hollow air. It slightly sends chills down his spine. 

He looks back behind him to find his vision landing on his bed. His bed is a normal bed with a normal cover and a normal blanket. But it is not as warm as it seems. Its not warm at all.

Its colder than tonight, it has always been like that. He barely sleeps in his bed. 

He doesn't like the coldness it brings to his heart.

He doesn't like the memories it brings to his head.

 The pillow is not comforting when he lays his face onto it. 

The sheets beneath him feel like sandpaper scratching his skin. 

And his blanket doesn't feel like a blanket. It feels like a blank piece of flimsy paper.

But his bed is normal. He has a perfectly fine bed.

He doesn't sleep in it.

He doesn't sleep in it because it doesn't have his mother's scent. It doesn't feel like his mother holding him late at night. He doesn't feel like her eyes gazing at the stars with him

In all honesty, it doesn't feel like anything.

He gets up from his chair by the window and walks out of his cold room and down the hall. He opens a wooden door with a rose gold handle. The room is neat and pristine.

Almost transparent and delicate to the touch.

The wood beneath his feet feels smooth and polished and the rug under the bed grazes his feet.

He climbs onto the bed. The queen sized bed. The pillows take his head gently and the covers and sheets caress his legs. And the blanket embraces him with a soft touch.

Now this is how a bed should feel

This is the embodiment of love.

The bedroom of his mom.

The stars watch as Mason's eyes slowly droop and fade away into the night.

His mom was once one of those stars

Holding her baby boy in her arms every night

singing him sweet sweet lullabies. 

All stars will fall.

Stars fall.

But, why did she have to?

"All we know"

"Is that stars will fall"

"And holidays come and go"