xxxi. devotion

Maybe I should've listened to Peter's warning.

I swallow hard, slowly lifting my head up, only to be met with Peter's blushed cheeks.

A chuckle escapes my lips as my eyes go back to the piece of paper and I find myself hopelessly rereading it.

But this time, I was reading it loud enough for Peter next to me to hear.

"And our lips clashed together, with a hidden passion down the flowing river of each of us. The taste of her lips on mine, the feeling of her soaked hands around my neck. The feeling of devotion that ran in my blood, the storm that was in me, the beautiful, beautiful storm. I couldn't quite grasp the feeling of that moment, but I craved it, and I wanted more. And ever since the sensation of our entangled lips, I've been needy, but yet, not of anything, but of her. I knew well how I shouldn't be feeling like this, but goddamn. What have you done to make me feel so powerless when I'm around you, what have you done? When will you stop acting like no one likes her, when in reality, every human being who has met you falls in love easily? Dear lover, my ephemeral disaster"

Peter chuckles from behind me, turning around in his place.

"It sounds better when you read it"

Honestly? I was at loss of words.

My mind couldn't comprehend around one specific thing at the moment, and all my thoughts were dancing and screaming around in my head.

Yet, the one thing I was sure about was me fighting the urge to wrap my hands around him and feel his tongue against mine already.

"That's one of your only flaws Irene" Peter starts off, grabbing my attention. "You think you don't deserve something, so you ruin it"

I gulp.

I guess Aunt May didn't lie when she said that Peter had been a person who looks too deep than what simply meets the eye.

"But you deserve the world, and one day if it's not too late, I'll find it and give it to you, I promise"

I smile to myself, a smile of happiness and grief.

This beautiful dream will be over soon .

Something's telling me that.

Or maybe it's just my anxiety, and my own thoughts.

"Thanks, Peter" was all I managed to say.

He then claps his hands together, catching my attention before I turn to leave.

"So, off to find Li?"

I pause for a moment before replying.

"I don't feel like it today" I say, sending Peter a weak smile. "We'll catch up later"

Later.