8. Life Or Death

THIRD-PERSON POV

"Nancy!" Jonathan called. "Evelyn! Ryan!" He called out again. "Where are you guys?" He screamed.

"Jonathan." Nancy's voice echoes through the woods, but Evelyn and Ryan's voices weren't heard.

Evelyn and Ryan were hiding, trying the best to control their breathing. The two were holding hands tightly, neither of them wanted to let go.

"Over there." Evelyn whispered getting Ryan out of his thoughts.

"1, 2-" Ryan counted down. "-3." The teens ran to another tree. "Nancy! Ryan! Evelyn! Where are you?" Jonathan's voice echoed.

"Jonathan." Ryan mumbled, fear taking across his face. "He'll be fine." Evelyn assured him as she rubbed his hand.

Ryan noticed something that looked familiar to something they seen already. "Can we go through that?" Ryan asked, Evelyn smirked at Ryan before moving toward the portal in the tree.

"Cut this." Evelyn instructed, Ryan obeyed, he began to cut some of the lines with his pocket knife. As he was doing so, they heard fearful screams.

"Come on Ryan, hurry up." Evelyn said, feeling worried. "I'm trying." Ryan cut the last string. "There, you go first."

Evelyn went through the portal and got goo on her, Ryan right after, Ryan took one look at the portal and found the portal no longer there.

"We should find Jonathan and Nancy." Evelyn said, slightly shaking as she grabbed Ryan's hand.

They found the two on the ground, Nancy cried as Jonathan hugged her. "You're okay." He whispered, he looked at the two and noticed they were also in goo. "Did you guys-"

"Yeah, it was terrifying." Ryan interrupted Jonathan with a few tears coming out of his eyes.

Evelyn and Ryan joined the hug, Ryan and Evelyn cried slightly, the thought of how they could have died tonight, crossed their mind.

...

Jonathan and Nancy went back to her house, while Ryan and Evelyn stood outside Evelyn's house.

"I can't stay in there alone." Evelyn stated. "Can I stay at yours with your family?" Evelyn asked. "Yeah uh of course." Ryan mumbled, slightly tired.

The two went inside the Henderson's house, they went to Ryan's room.

"You can sleep on the bed, I don't really care." Ryan said as he took his shirt off to change in something else. Evelyn looked away as he was changing.

"You can wear these." Ryan handed her some clothes, Evelyn thanked him as she went to the bathroom and changed.

Evelyn came out the bathroom in Ryan's clothes.

When Ryan got a sight of her he blushed lightly, as he laid down on the floor.

"You can't sleep on the floor, this is your house." Evelyn said as she dragged him to the bed. "I'll make a barrier." Ryan said as he gathered a few pillows to separate them.

"Night Ryan." Evelyn sent him a smile as she laid her head on the pillow, Ryan didn't reply, she heard snores and assumed he was sleeping, Evelyn went to sleep moments later.

...

Ryan's alarm clock rang, Ryan fell off the bed and woke Evelyn up.

"Ryan, Honey are you okay?" His mother asked, her hand on the door knob. "Do I need to come in?"

"No!" Ryan said before he mentally face palmed himself. "I mean, I'm fine mom. I only fell, I'll be out soon." He heard his mother's footsteps retreating, he sighed in relief.

"Where do I go?" Evelyn asked. "What about your clothes?" She asked once more.

Ryan opened the window. "You can leave through the window, my family almost never looks through the window at this time. You can keep the clothes, I don't mind." Ryan sent Evelyn a smile, Evelyn thanked him before kissing him on the cheek, Ryan blushed dark red.

"Thanks Ryan." Evelyn said, she headed out the window.

Ryan heard someone walking towards his bedroom door.

"Ryan are you talking to someone?" Claudia asked.

"No mom! Don't come in! I'm naked!" Ryan screamed back, he heard his mothers footsteps retreat.

Ryan let out a deep sigh. "And this is what I'm doing with my life."

(A/N: Say it with me guys, Revelyn is a beautiful ship and the most beautiful thing to ever exist.)