Chapter 2

Eisa's Pov:

I woke up feeling warm. Wait... How am I warm if I'm in the basement. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in a room with all my stuff. How did I get here? All I remember is falling asleep in the basement but felt someone pick me up. Thomas must've brought me in here. I sat up and heard a soft knock on the door.

It opened revealing Luda Mae. "Good morning sweetie. How'd you sleep?" She said with a soft and calm voice. I smiled and said,"Good morning mama. I slept good." She smiled and replied,"That's good and breakfast is ready." I didn't realize I was hungry until I heard my stomach growled. "Sounds like your hungry." She smiled and I giggled. "Guess so. I didn't get any dinner last night but its okay." I said and her smile dropped.

"I was at the top of the stairs of the basement last night when you was talking to Thomas. So you know what we do right?" I nodded and she gave a small smile. "Good. Now get ready and come down before they eat it all." I smiled and she left. I got up and looked through my bag for clothes. I found a black pair of shorts and a black tank top. I looked over and found my black high top converses. Perfect.

I got ready and brushed my hair. I'm gonna leave it down today. My shorts showed a little bit of my ass but oh well. I left my room and went down the stairs to the kitchen. I saw Luda Mae fixing a plate. I walked over to fix mine but she handed the plate to me. It had eggs, bacon and a biscuit. I took it and said," Mama you didn't have to fix my plate." She just smiled and said," Oh sweetie I don't mind fixing it." I thanked her and went and sat down.

Charlie walked in and just had to open his mouth when he saw me." Mama I thought Thomas took care of the dumb bitch." Luda Mae was fixing to speak when I spoke up. "Well guess what, he didn't so get over it." I shoved some bacon in my mouth and heard Monty in the other room laughing. Charlie stormed over to me and grabbed me by my hair and slung me out of the chair.

I landed on my arm but before I could get up, he grabbed me by my throat and started choking me. "I aint gonna have some bitch disrespect me in this house!" He yelled in my face. I started getting light headed and heard Luda Mae yelling at Charlie. Before I knew it, Charlie was ripped off me. I started coughing as Luda Mae got to my side helping me sit up.

I looked at who pulled Charlie off me and saw Thomas standing above him. "Why are you protecting that bitch?! You should've killed her like mama told you to do!" I heard Thomas growl at him and watched him punch Charlie in the face. "Thomas stop." Luda Mae said and he listened to her. He left Charile laying there passed out and walked to me. He reached out his hand and I took it.

He helped me up and looked at my arm. "I'm okay Thomas." I smiled at him and he tensed up.  Why is he tensing up again. He was looking down and I looked down. We're still holding hands? I quickly let go of him. "Sorry." I said giggling and he tensed up more. Luda Mae broke the silence. "Take your uncle to his room." Thomas grabbed his uncle and went up the stairs.

"Are you okay sweetie?" Luda Mae asked me and I nodded. I rubbed my neck and Monty came in. "Don't worry about Charlie. He'll warm up to you eventually. Maybe." He said as he got to the table and Luda Mae sat his plate down. I went and sat back down and finished my food.

Once I was done, I went over to the sink and washed my plate. I put my plate up and looked for Luda Mae. I went to walk by the front door and spotted her. I stepped outside and stood next to her. "So... Thomas isn't gonna chase me down and try to kill me if I go for a walk is he?" I asked her and she laughed. She looked at me and said," As long as you don't run off then he wont."

I smiled knowing that he wont try to kill me for just taking a little walk. "But.." Oh no. "He may follow you but where you cant see him." I sighed and said," Even if I tell him I wanna be alone?" She nodded. Well shit. I smiled at her and walked down the steps towards the woods.

Walking through the woods I could feel eyes on me. Thomas. I kept walking like I didn't know he was there. I know theres a field here somewhere. Is it this way? I turned right and there it was. I walked out into the center of it an sat down. I still felt his eyes on me. "Thomas I know your there." I called out and heard branches snapping and soon I saw him step out.

I smiled at him and patted next to me. He hesitated but walked towards me and sat down. I looked at him and said," Thomas? You don't have to follow me everywhere outside. I'm not gonna run away I promise." He just rolled his eyes. I know he did not just roll his eyes. I had an idea pop up in my head.

"You want me to prove that I'm not gonna run off?" I asked smiling and he just shrugged his shoulders. Seriously?! Alright fine, time to put this idea into action. I got behind him and stood on my knees. He turned his head to look at me. I smirked and wrapped my arms around his neck. He tensed up so bad that I thought he would crumble.

I nuzzled my face into his neck and said," I like you Thomas. So much that I don't wanna leave ever." I felt him stop breathing. I leaned back and said," Thomas breathe. I don't need you passing out on me." He started breathing and pulled me infront of him. He pointed at me and then at him.

I giggled and said," Yes. I like you." He looked down like he was embarrassed and did I see a little smile. "Thomas?" He looked up at me. "Do you think I'm just saying this so you wont kill me?" He held up his hand and made the little sign. I smiled and said, " Well I'm being serious. When I came here, I knew what I was getting into. I knew I could possibly die or not coming here."

Thomas then shot his head up towards the direction of the house. I heard yelling. "Um... Thomas?" He looked at me and got up and ran towards the house. Should I stay here? Should I follow? Fuck it I'm following. I got up and headed towards the house.

Once I got back, I saw Hoyt on the ground with a man aiming a shotgun at his head. I looked towards the porch and saw Thomas on the ground with mama next to him. What do I do? I looked towards the back of the house and saw no one. Perfect.

I carefully snuck to the back of the house and went inside. I need a gun, a knife or something. I looked over and saw Hoyts pistol on the table. That'll work. I grabbed it and ran up stairs to a front window. I got on my knees and pointed the gun at the man. I aimed for his leg and fired the pistol.

"Son of a bitch!!" The man cursed and Hoyt took this opportunity and grabbed the shotgun. Hoyt shoot the man in the head. He fell to the ground dead. Hoyt looked up at the window I was at.  I waved at him and he said," Well look at this mama. The bitch never left." I rolled my eyes and yelled at him so he could hear me. "Ya know...I could've just let him kill ya or I could've shot you myself."

He flipped me off. I smiled and went downstairs to see if Thomas was okay. I went outside and sat next to him. "Is he okay mama?" I said as I put my hand on his shoulder. She nodded and said," He'll come to. Somehow that man knocked him out." He started stirring and I brought my hand off him. Thomas sat up and put his head in his hands. Mama put her hand on his back and I said," You okay Thomas?" He nodded and Hoyt spoke up. " Thomas quit being a little bitch and get this body."

I heard Thomas huff and stood up. He went and grabbed him and stormed inside. Hoyt followed after. "Thank you." I turned and looked at Luda Mae and said," For what mama?" She put a hand on my shoulder and replied," For saving my family...I really hope too that you can call us family one day." I smiled and hugged her. She hugged back. "Mama I would love to call yall family."