Sleeping Beauty

As everyone was taking their turn to visit with Sanem and the twins Gamze had Can  go shower and get something to eat. He didn't want to leave but after Nihat and Mevkibe were done they convinced him to shower while breakfast was being prepared by Onur, Bulut, Nihat and Aziz after he had his turn. Then he could spend all day with his little Family. By the time breakfast was done and everything was cleaned up the Doctor had arrived at the main pier. All the men helped with the medical supplies carrying it upstairs placing it in the hallway by Sanem's room. While Can was watching over the twins leaving Sanem to sleep. Gamze and the Doctor organized the supplies in the room. Mihriban was called up after things were done so Gamze could show her what to do as far as pumping Sanem's breast milk. The Doctor and Can went out on the deck to give the women some privacy. Sanem was sound to sleep and didn't wake up as they pumped her milk. They took off the hospital gown and put on a fresh pajama shirt of hers. They would discord her milk to make sure that the sedative was not given to the babies. This would be done every couple of hours for 24 hours and the next day they would begin to freeze it. Mevkibe would be in charge of putting the day and time on each storage bag like Sanem had done with the ones she had already pumped and froze. Mevkibe had a system for it in a special spot as she place them in the commercial size freezer.

The Doctor and Can were given the all clear to come back in the room. When they walked in seeing Gamze and Mihriban were trying to prop Sanem up on more pillows. Can offered to hold Sanem up so they could adjust them and get her settled back down. Can would place kisses on Sanem's forehead as he held her up against his chest. He then gently laid her back down as Gamze covered her up to keep her warm. Mihriban left the room leaving the three of them alone. Can was standing at the foot of the bed watching his sleeping beauty when he saw her move her head slightly. He told the Doctor and Gamze watching her now to see if she would wake up. She did! Looking directly at Can, lets out a moan and went right back to sleep. "Is ok Can. At least we know that the sedative is wearing off. She needs more rest" said Gamze. He stay with them until it was time for pumping. Can would go downstairs while  Gamze would do it.

The house was so quite from all napping  around the house. He went out on the patio to relax in a lounger to think and take a break himself. He was exhausted but afraid to sleep just in case something would happen. Mevkibe came out seeing him sitting  there just staring out across the sea. "Can, is there anything I could get for you."........"A cup of tea would be nice" Mevkibe goes in to fix him some bringing it out to him after it was done she sat next to him. "Mevkibe, I am so sorry".........."For what"........."For hurting your daughter the way I did. I promised Sanem that I would protect her heart and I broke it causing her to leave and then carry these precious babies alone".........Mevkibe puts her hand on his knee "Can, we all hurt her. Mainly Nihat and I by not telling her the Family Secret. Once she is told chances are it will hurt her more and make her more angry at all of us. We will all get through this together Can. All any of us can do is be there for her and help her adjust once she accepts it"..........."Her last words to me was I hate you Can Divit and never want to see you again..................Mevkibe, those words were in my head constantly while I was working the case. I hurt her and I don't what to do to make it right."..........."You will figure it out. Just like Nihat and I have to do. She will fight us as well as being hard headed and stubborn. But, knowing my daughter she will give in to it over time. Her heart will catch up again. Sanem is a loving caring person, she forgives and does give people a second chance. You made a big impact in her life. She feel in Love with you, she gave the babies your last name and calling herself Sanem Divit. That tells me Can says she still Loves you and really didn't want to forget about you.  I can see you still Love her too. It will work out just give her time" .........."Everyone keeps telling me this. It's hard."........."I know. Why don't you close your eyes and take a nap. They are in good hands. You need to keep up your strength also Can that way you can be there when they all get better. Those three up in the bedroom are going to need you to draw their energy and strength from. What good it that going to be if you don't take the time to rest and revive yourself. Sanem put all her time,  energy and strength into the twins and didn't take care of herself. Look what happened because of it. Do you want to whind up like her? What good will that do for them? Please rest and be ready for when they need you Please do it from them"........... "OK, wake me up if anything happens. I will just take a short nap. Thank You for your words of encouragement. I really appreciate it"............. Can closes his eyes, Mevkibe goes in the house seeing some of the Family  members waking up. She told them that Can was out on the patio taking a nap to leave him be. She then went up to sit with her daughter and hold her hand. Nihat shortly came in to join her sitting in silence watching her sleep.