Drakon Rise

Varric's P.O.V

Blackwall and I were to go to Drakon Rise and check for any remaining Red Templars. Solas, The Inquisitor, Dorian, and Cole were to go take on Kaltenzahn over by the Pools of Sun. This should be easy, nothing Bianca can't handle.

"Varric, look." Blackwall nodded in front of him.

I moved closer so I could see, there was a Red Templar Shadow and two Red Templar Knights.

"Take out the Shadow first," I told Blackwall. He nodded and started walking towards them.

I flipped Bianca off my back and aimed at the Shadow. I waited until Blackwall was close enough to start attacking, then I let the arrow loose. It screeched as both my arrow and Blackwall's sword hit each arm. I kept loading up more arrows to shoot as Blackwall's great sword swept side to side, slicing up the creature as it went. The Knights finally noticed and ran at Blackwall, and I changed my target. I saw Blackwall lift his sword high and bring it down, which was killed the Shadow. He yelled and ran, sword in the air, shield in front, at the nearest Knight. Together, we took them down I'm mere seconds. Blackwall and I surprisingly work together really well.

"There's a small camp up ahead, we should search it." Blackwall slid his sword back in its place.

I grunted in response, following him towards the camp. Once there, he went left and I went right, hunting through our small search area. I spied a short stack of paper in the corner of one of the two tents. I quickly leafed through it and found some orders from Samson himself.

'The Inquisition has been spotted in the area, do not let them reach The Keep.

-Samson'

I remember capturing Suledin Keep. And Imshael. Didn't like that choice demon. Well, he said he was a spirit. He kept changing demon forms, really didn't like that.

"Blackwall. Found something. Not much use, though."

"What is it?" He headed over to where I was.

"Here. Take a look got yourself." I handed him the order.

"I bet you Samson's not pleased, no longer able to test the Red Lyrium on Giants."

"Thank god for that." My eyes skimmed over the camp before saying, "looks like there's nothing else here. We should head back to Tower of Bone."

"Mhmm."

It didn't take long to reach the camp, Solas and the others were already there, talking amongst themselves by the fire.

"How'd you guys go?" I asked, placing Bianca on a nearby table.

"Well we were covered in dragons blood, *sniffs* but otherwise well, Kaltenzahn is dead." Dorian still looks upset about his outfit.

"That's good to hear. Find any artefacts?" Blackwall asked with curiosity.

"No, sorry. But I promise we'll find the rest for you Blackwall." The Inquisitor replied.

"Aw oh well." He smiled weakly.

I spotted the alcohol, just waiting for me to get my hands on it.

"What are we waiting for, let's celebrate!"

I downed my drink and saw everyone else had picked up their own mug.

We all talked and laughed and drank. Near the end of one of my stories, The Inquisitor slipped off by herself, I said nothing, curious as to why. Didn't care too much, I'm too drunk for that.

Not long later, I saw Solas follow suit. Now that will be interesting. Blackwall was talking now, Dorian was swaying in his spot, Cole was passed out on the floor from the alcohol. Probably should have stopped him from drinking. He'll be fine in the morning, with a headache and feel sick, but he'll be fine.

Several rounds later, Blackwall was on the verge of passing out, Dorian was laughing almost non-stop over me, and I was trying to keep myself standing up, which wasn't going so well. I think I can see Solas and The Inquisitor but I'm not sure, everything's spinning.

"hey, where'd Solas and The Inquisitor go?" Dorian looked confused as if he didn't know who I was talking about, while Blackwall just stared blankly not comprehending what I'm saying. Moments later I saw the couple emerging from the dark corners of the camp.

"Oh there. So none of Kaltenzahn's Harlem didn't come to get revenge, nice to know." I said when I realised it was them, which made Solas frown.

"It was loud and I was getting a headache, so I went for a walk, I found Solas and we sat and talked for a while."

"Well doesn't matter your back now have another round!" Blackwall said, tipping his drink up as he leant back, just about falling off his seat in the process.

"Oh okay, one more round then I'm going to sleep." She sat down and Dorian passed her another cup.

Cole looks like he's passed out.

"None for me, thanks. I'm going to sleep." Solas said and walked to his and The Inquisitor's tent.

She downed her drink, told us to make sure Cole isn't left like that and to stop drinking and actually sleep soon. I barely noticed that she had left to sleep when Blackwall dropped his mug in the fire.

"Oh shit." We all watched as the empty mug burned.

"Maybe we should actually stop drinking," I suggested.

"*hic* good idea." Blackwall walked, well more stumbled and tripped to his nearby tent.

I can still hear him hiccuping.

Dorian was sitting by Cole, staring at him eyes filled with concern. Maybe that selfish man has a heart. Who knows.

"Want me to carry him to your tent, Dorian?" I walked over, causing Dorian to break his gaze.

"No it's quite alright I can manage." he bent low to scoop him up and walked surprisingly straight to their tent.

I put out the dying fire and stumbled back to my own tent.

My head was pounding. I shouldn't have drunken that much last night.

"Ughhhh" I heard Blackwall moan, he must have a wicked hangover, he wouldn't stop drinking

"How's your head?" I sat up and looked over at Blackwall.

"Killing me ughhhh" I chuckled.

"Come on, we have to get back to Skyhold. Need to get up. I'll wake the others."

He groaned in response and slowly began to get up. I left our tent and headed to Cole and Dorian's tent.

"Rise and shine ladies, and Cole."

"I am not a female Varric. I look more fabulous than that." I rolled my eyes.

I heard them climb out their sleeping bags and went over to Solas and Lavellan's tent. I quietly untied the knot holding the tent flap shut tight.

"Aww." Solas and The Inquisitor looked adorable, cuddling in their tent.

"Oi! Guys get here now you have to see this." I yelled loud enough they'd hear but not to wake Solas or Lavellan.

"Oh my god that is adorable. I knew something was going on!" Dorian was practically squealing.

Blackwall was smiling and laughing to himself. Cole looked slightly confused.

"They don't need my help, they are happy. Good." Cole started to smile.

"We have to tease them about this." I can't disagree with Blackwall on this.

"Yes yes, we do. Let's leave them to sleep for now while we all recover from our hangovers before leaving for Skyhold." my headache was starting to get worse.

We all agreed and sat around the black pit where the fire from last night was, every now and then conversation strikes up but gets beaten down fairly quickly.