Chapter 23 ~home again~

TW- abuse mentioned

Another five days go by I wake up with a sickening feeling. It's the last day of the games. I don't know that for sure but I feel it deep down.

Three tributes left. 8, 1, and 4. Bo's in the top three. I'm excited for him but also nervous. He's strong but compared to District 1's tribute he doesn't stand much of a chance. I can only hope they don't run into each other and it's a mutt that takes one of them out.

District 8 has their strength back from the career battle but they aren't stupid enough to go back and finish the fight. He knows he can't win.

If Bo wins that would be a back to back win for District 4. This 10 years would be their best in a long time.

"Hello Daphne. I feel like we haven't been properly introduced.", a male around the age of 23 holds his hand out. I shake it, "You seem to know my name.", I reply.

"But do you know mine?"

I think back to all the victors I can from this decade. I know this one. I can't remember how. "Gloss. District 1.", I say a little too confidently, "63rd games right?" He nods slightly taken aback. Finnick's hand squeezes mine slightly giving me some reassurance. He probably feels how tense I am.

"I guess I knew more than you thought. Isn't that your sister Cashmere?", I point to the blonde girl talking with a Brunette from two. "You both won back to back games."

He nods again, "I came over to wish you and your tribute luck. I'm sorry about your sister." Call me crazy but I almost see a smile begin to grace his face when he mentions my sister.

"The same to you. And thank you." He walks back over to his sister. I roll my eyes and lay my head on Finnick's lap.

"He seems fun.", I mumble. "A blast." Finnick's expression makes me chuckle a little. He smiles down at me brushing his thumb over my eyebrow.

"8's dead.", Beetee says.

Top two. Bo and District 1. The boy from one looks nothing like Gloss or how any of the careers were eve described. He's strong and has a desire to win, but he almost looks guilty for his kills. It's odd especially for one he doesn't look trust worthy in the slightest.

Bo gathers his stuff knowing that he has to meet the boy at the cornucopia or die by a mutt. The two get there at the same time both dreading this next part.

Bo will either have his first kill or go home a victor. This boy will either win or die.

Bo has no weapons, but he gathers some left over knives on the ground. They throw their weapons at the same time. Bo misses. The kid from one gets Bo right in the heart.

"Good game.", Bo winces. The boy nods as if saying likewise. When the cannon fires he smiles down at Bo. He looks around the arena at every spot he knows he killed someone. he runs his fingers on the blood stains still on the cornucopia. I knew there was something up with him. What I didn't know is that this next victor is probably the most crazy any of us have ever seen.

Finnick and I pack up a little getting ready to go home to four. We don't have to stick around for this kids interview not to mention we got a letter this morning as did every victor but one saying for our safety to go home.

Jezebel waits at the door of the train. I wish Beetee and his district partner goodbye before hugging Haymitch telling him the same thing. "See you next year sweetheart." "Can't wait." "Also don't let ocean boy tell you what you can and can't drink. Drink sone alcohol. I look fine for my age." We all laugh for a moment before waving him goodbye and entering the train.