Violet Evergarden x Reader: A New Recruit

Italics: The thoughts of the person speaking/ the current POV.

Bold: Actions, Set changes, POV switches, etc.

Normal: Descriptions, Exposition, etc.

"Quotes": A character talking.

Story Description: 

Y/n, a refugee in an invaded neighboring country is left with no choice but to join the army at 14. There, under the command of Major Gilbert. They meet someone in a similar boat. A girl, younger than him, was forced to join as well. Violet Evergarden would be the name that was given to her.

==========================================

*Bougainvilla Manor*

*Y/n's POV*

It's been 4 years since the war started. And 2 years since everything happened and I was drafted... 

And within that, I've managed to make it up to Lance Corporal, mainly due to Major Gilbert. I've been by his side this entire time. I mean, I don't have anyone left. Nowhere to go and no one to go back to. The Major helped me settle into the military well, and asked for nothing in return. He's a good man, and luckily, he's kept me off the front by appointing me as his aide. And that got me my promotion.

Right now, we were back at Major Gilbert's manor, he recently got his promotion to Major.

"Hey Gil, follow me, I want to show you this." Naval Captain Dietfreid said, interrupting the conversation between the Major and I. As he walked out into the hallway, the Major in tow.

"What is it?" Major Gilbert said, motioning me to follow the two of them.

Captain Dietfreid: "I wanted to congratulate you on your promotion. So I got you a present." Walking up to a door, as we gathered up with it. However, he paused going in as he noticed I was with them.

Captain: "...Corporal L/n... Why did you follow us?" Glaring at me, he looked like I wasn't even worth talking to. It's obvious he still doesn't like how Gilbert spent important time to train me up himself. 

Y/n: "u-uh C-captain Dietfried, Major Gilbert, he-"

Major: "It's fine, isn't it? The Corporal's my aide, brother. I'd rather have him with me."

Captain: "*tsk* fine..." 

Y/n: "..." Dick.

Captain: "Oi, wake up." He called out while walking in the dark room. It turned out to be a bedroom. There was a large blanket that was piled up on the ground, next to the bed. And suddenly, a fe seconds after he called out, the blanket started to move, and a child sat up from it. No older than 13.

"What is this?" Major Gilbert said shocked.

Captain: "Isn't it obvious? It's a kid. I picked her up by the northern front."

Girl: "..."

Y/n: "..." I got down to look at her. She was dirty, and her eyes are bright, they shined a bright blue. It reminded me of my sister's...

Captain: "She doesn't have a name, so I've just been called her "You". Come on, say hello." He said forcing her head down into a bow.

Almost instinctively I grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of his reach. With her resting in my arms.

 With her resting in my arms