eight (oops)

Mikey- swings? x

Me- what possibly gives you the right to meet me at the swings? I want to fuck you up.

Mikey- see you there ;)

What an asshole. How does he know I'm going to go? Obviously because he's not an idiot and he knows you miss him. I didn't think I made it that obvious. I'm pretty sure threatening to break someone's hand shows a sign of hatred? Maybe that's just me though.

I walked up to a nearby window and saw everyone was in the backyard whacking at a piñata I hadn't noticed when I arrived. I decided this was my time to head over to the swings.

I hadn't been there in over a year. Not once had I visited to reminscent me and Michael's old memories. The memories when I wore a smile plastered on my face whenever I was around him. I was so happy. Why did I have to find a reason to fuck it up?

I managed to make it out of the house without my mother or the boys to drag me back inside. Part of me wishes they would have noticed me but the other half doesn't. Maybe seeing Michael isn't the best thing for me? Too bad I had already seen his face. What have I got to lose? Last time I told myself that I lost my best friend.

Why does he want to talk to me in the place where we were at our highest points. We clearly aren't anymore.

Me- why do you want to talk to me Michael.

I don't expect a reply. I never deserved one before why would I now? I never meant anything before, why now? He didn't want to talk to me a year and a half ago, why now? I guess I'll just ask him and hope me actually showing up is enough for him to answer.

When I arrived at the old hang out I noticed multiple things. There were wild vines strung everywhere and garbage wrappers scattered upon the floor. I couldn't help but frown. Was it really that long?

"Not so pretty anymore is it?" he questioned.

"I suppose you wouldnt know why, would you?" I prayed hoping he hadn't came back here without me.

"Possibly," he mumbled.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"Because you walked."

"Funny. What do you need from me?" I sighed.

"We need to talk about things, Ana."

"So you think its fine to come back into my life after so long and demand answers? Sorry, but you don't deserve shit from me. It was your decison to leave me. You walked out on me and decided that some slut was more important than our friendship, Michael," I snapped.

"Its not easy hearing your best friend is in love with you," he defended.

"Its not easy having to admit you're in love with your best friend. Its not easy telling your best friend. Its not easy losing your best friend. Its not easy dealing with heartbreak and your best friend not being there because he's the one you fell for. My life wasn't fucking easy. But while I sat in my room crying and hoping you would come back what were you doing? Sleeping with half the girls at our school," I scoffed.

"It wasn't half the girls!" Michael shouted.

"Not what I heard," I scoffed.

"Maybe you shouldn't believe everything everyone tells you," he huffed.

"You know what? Maybe I shouldn't. Maybe I shouldn't have believed you promised me the most valuable thing in the world. Do you remember what it was? Huh, Michael? Because I do. You promised me you would never walk out on me like everyone else did. No matter how hard things got you would be there. You promised me. But what did you do with that promise," I paused waiting for an answer, " good answer. You broke it. You broke me. And you left me alone to try to fix the shattered pieces," I cried out.

"Ana please don't cry," he begged. Was I crying? I guess so.

"You left me alone, Michael. And you waltz back in here and pretend everything is okay doesn't help," I said.

"I know everything isnt okay. That's why I'm here apologizing!"

"You honestly think an apology is going to fix all of this? An apology isn't going to fix a year and a half of fucking therapy Michael. Its not going to fix my mental state much. It won't fix the hole in my heart. Why? Because I trusted you and you hurt me so much. An apology isn't going to fix everything," I explained.

"You went back to therapy?" he questioned.

"Was I not going to? Was I supposed to suffer and end up suicidal again? Is that what you wanted me to do?" I laughed.

"Ana, did you, you know?"

"Did I what?"

"Did you self harm while I was away?"

"Do you think I did?"

"Possibly?" Correct answer, Michael.

"We have a winner," I joked.

Stop joking. This isn't a joking matter.

"But you promised me you wouldn't," he stepped closer.

"You promised me something, too. We both promised each other something. But I guess promises are made to be broken aren't they?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
help me. I updated tho. ok cool. thanks for reading if you still are ily <3