[Chapter 4]

Devins Pov

"I think it looks good enough." I said looking back at the now finished garden 'Hmm yes' Eden nodded and I smiled happy that the both of us liked it and that it didn't end up looking horrible because then we'd be dead.

"Who are you?" I heard Mario say so I turned around and for sure it was him 'Awkward~' Eden laughed I would roll my eyes at Eden if it weren't for Mario being right in front of me.

"Uh hi I'm Devin!" I smiled "I'm new in the guild." He looked a bit suspicious of me I wonder why...

'Maybe because you look like an innocent child' Eden commented I wanted to scold him but I couldn't really argue with that it was the truth.

"Right well I'm Mario." He said looking me up and down still "I didn't see you here yesterday when there was a meeting were you out somwhere?" I asked he nodded "Yes something like that." I nodded accepting the fact that he will not tell me.

'Then we should make him!' Eden said determined as ever "No!" I quietly whispered "Anyway this is my garden." I said pointing to the bunch of flowers. He looked at them for a while before he spoke up again "I thought that this belonged to David." Even if this Mario was diffrent he still wasn't the best at figuring things out.

"Oh he gave it to me!" I said smiling happily "Interesting." He hummed looking back at my garden again. It was getting awkward until I heard more footsteps come.

"-an innocent child." I heard the last three words out of the whole sentence as they have just arrived Lucas chuckled while saying it.

"Agreed- ah! Hello two face and dumbrockedbrain." David said 'Two face?' I wanted to ask but I didn't have to as I understood.

"Excuse you I am not dumb!" Mario protested anger seen within his eyes "Hi David, Lucas." I and Eden both in one voice greeted them.

"Anyway! I came to look what you have done with the garden~" David said grinning mischievously 'Uh- oh I hope it isn't too awful in his eyes' I nervously smiled.

'Gee don't worry you're going to be fine' Eden said annoyed "Yes right well there it is also here is an entry down." I said walking them down into the ground that was too filled with flowers.

"Hmmm..." He squinned his eyes looking around going everywhere he only stopped once to smell a flower.

"What do you think Lucas?" David said with his squinned eyes "Well I think that it looks rather.....good." Lucas smiled though the smile he gave felt so cold and emotionless.

'Gosh I feel like I am in a room full of emo teenagers!' Eden complained in my head I didn't really disagree with that it did give off that kind of vibe.

"It looks good except for the fact that it is too...bright for my likening." David said looking at me "But what can you do it is his taste of colour after all." Lucas smiled at David "Yes you're right storm." David nodded "Guys the destroyers guild is going to visit in a few days." Mario then said.

"Who asked?" Lucas looked Mario straight in the eye "I was just informing you!" Mario raised his voice a bit "Tsk whatever." Lucas turned back on his heels.

"Bye I have to go see Ech." Lucas said before leaving "Wait for me you-!" David ran after him leaving me and Mario alone again "Bye." Mario then said and I saw him leaving "Oh right bye!" I said waving him a goodbye.

'Weird it's like some of them switched personalities or their personalities are the exact opposite of what they actually are' I heard Eden say in my head.

"Yep it is very strange and weird." I agreeded taking a look at my flowers before leaving as I had no other business to do in the garden since it is all kind of cleaned and stuff.

'Let's go to the city we might as well see if our brother Michael is here.' Eden suggests "You know he won't know us..." I said to him sadly 'It is worth a try isn't it?' I laughed "I guess so and...hey since when were you an advisor?"

Eden let out a frustrated scream 'I'm not I just-' He struggled to think of a good excuse which I laughed at.

                       ~•At the city•~

The city looked more chaotic then it was usually 'And that is exactly why we are wearing a hood over our heads!' Eden commented.

"Can you please not read my thoughts for like 1 second." I whispered scolding him sometimes I wished that he couldn't read my thoughts.

'No' He chuckled "Ah-!" I yelped as I bumped into somebody "S-Sorry!" I said helping them stand up "It's fine just watch where you're going next time." I nodded only then realizing that the person was Michael.

I don't know why but....he looked at me as if he knew me "Wait...Devin?" He asked as he stopped staring at me so suspiciously my eyes widened.

'Huh...interesting' was all that Eden could say as he was too confused as to how Michael knew me since we didn't exist or....did we? "Uh...h-hey Michael." I smiled awkwardly "You are alive?" He looked so suprised.

'I must have died in this universe before joining or even meeting the other guilds then' I thought.

"W-Well....I'm not really your Devin?" I started getting more anxious "What do you mean by that?" He asked sounding calm "Well yo-u see.....I'm from a diffrent universe." I nervously chuckled "Oh..." He looked ever so disappointed.

"Though I suppose that I'll be stuck here forever..." I looked down on the floor smiling sadly "And why is that?" Michael looked at me suspiciously once again "Well my universe got kind of destroyed." My voice came out barely above whisper.

"Hm...that's a shame." He said not really looking at me anymore "I have a question...are we still or well er- were we brothers in this universe?"

It's so weird that I'm dead.

"Yes, we were." He said even though he didn't look sad or gave any signs of it I knew he was brother instincts I guess.

"Do you want to talk a bit maybe?" He gave a small smile "Sure let's go." I nodded following behind him quickly.