Candy Cat

Just a heads up, Candy Cat is classified as they/them in the story.

*Insert VHS tape*

*VHS tape plays*

Today is supposed to be a crowded day in the Playtime Co. gift shop. There's a Halloween sale, and the remaining mascot toys suspected all the children will be going for the Halloween products. There are Halloween buckets for candy, Playtime Co. branded candy, and the limited edition Halloween toys. All the Thanksgiving toys are gone, and they'll never be sold again. It seems Elliot Ludwig was happy about the news of that experiment, and he did it again.
There is one thing the remaining mascot toys know of; they wish to give payback to Boogie Bot for his little "miscalculation". Since they can't get out of their cardboard boxes to attack him since they're stuck from the inside, they hope that Allison West would take him next. Allison West is a child who had three toys already. Bunzo the Birthday Bunny, Kissy Missy, and earlier on this month Daisy the Flower. Some other kid had taken Huggy Wuggy before her. In total, four toys are gone now.
"I wonder what Halloween goodies are in the gift shop." Candy Cat says excitedly. "I hope they have good candies."
They then sigh dreamily and they imagine what kind of good candy is limited edition today. Candy Cat adores all types of candy; hence the name Candy Cat. No one is sure what Candy Cat's gender is. Candy Cat tries to tell the other toys what their gender is, but always gets cut off. In the end, they're classified as they/them until they can try again.
Cat Bee — Candy Cat's special friend — chuckled at their excitement. "And what kinds of candy do you think the staff have in mind?" she asked.
Candy Cat gasps. "Oh; you don't know?" they asked. "I'lol bet they'll have EVERYTHING! Milk chocolate. Plain and with extras like peanut butter and caramel for example. Also dark chocolate, chocolate eggs, some Snickers, Twix, Butter Finger bars, M&Ms, Reese's, Pop Tarts..."
As Candy Cat lists every single candy they could think of, Boogie Bot watched them for a moment then sighed.
"Looks like they're at it again." he told the other toys.
All Boogie Bot got was a glare from the other toys. Boogie Bot's eyes widened.
"Never mind!" he shrieked quickly. "I'mall just stop talking!"
"Good idea." Mommy Long Legs growled.
After she said that, Candy Cat stopped naming the candies they know of.
"Speaking of which," Candy Cat continued. "do you guys have a favourite candy yourselves?"
The other mascot toys thought about it. Was this even a good time to ask such a question? Maybe Candy Cat is finding a way to enlighten the situation. The toys decided to go with it.
"Well, me and Mommy are not really candy spiders." Daddy Long Legs answered. "Our son however loves plain chocolate. He even got a sugar rush many times."
Baby Long Legs giggled.
"I personally like caramel. The caramel feeling in your mouth just feels so good." PJ Pugapillar answered while drooling.
"I don't even like candy." Poppy Playtime answered; which made Candy Cat gasp.
"How could you not like candy Poppy?" Candy Cat asks. "It's wonderful!"
"Well not to me." Poppy scoffed. "I'm sorry Candy Cat, but we all have our preferences."
Candy Cat wanted to keep convincing Poppy candy is good, but they dropped it. Knowing Poppy; there's no use anyways.
"I think I ate some Twix from a vending machine." Bron the Dinosaur admitted. "I'm not supposed to do that, but candy can be pretty tempting."
"Candy Cat often shares their candies with me." Cat Bee said. "It's hard to choose which one I like. They're all delicious."
The toys chuckled at Cat Bee's answer. Boogie Bot wanted to share his answer, but he knew better and kept silent. He felt like he caused enough trouble already. With Candy Cat still here, then at least being stuck in a cardboard box from the inside in a toy factory's gift shop won't be too bad after all.
A few days later, it was October 28th. 3 more days until Halloween begins. The gift shop was open once again. Like last time, almost every child took the bait and begged their parents to purchase them the limited edition items in stock. All was going accordingly until once again a familiar child returned to the mascots aisle with her mother. It was Allison West again. She looked at the remaining mascot toys one at a time. When she locked eyes with Candy Cat, she started drooling.
"Honey," the mother said, wiping away the drool. "you seem to want to eat that cat."
Candy Cat choked a bit; though the humans didn't catch on.
"Oh no mommy. She just seems like a good candy eating buddy." Alice answered quickly.
Her mother laughed. "Are you sure? No limited edition Halloween toys?" she asked.
The mascot toys had adrenaline set in. Please, look at the limited edition toys.
"No thanks mommy. I'm fine with this toy." the child answered as she shook her head.
When it was settled, Candy Cat was being taken away. They were legitimately scared.
After being checked out, Candy Cat was taken away from the gift shop and factory. The other mascot toys felt an awful dread in their stomachs. The worst was Cat Bee. She felt like throwing up. Instead she started to tear up.
"Candy Cat..." Cat Bee whispered.
When the gift shop was cleared out at closing time, everything in the gift shop was silent; save for some sobbing from some toys.
Out of all the blows taken so far, this is the very worst blow they've ever had yet.

*VHS tape ends*