19

"2 hot chocolates to go!" I heard someone say.

"I didn't order anything," I said, not bothering to look at the person setting the cups in front of me.

I had been sitting alone for an hour now, thinking things through in silence. After learning what Thawne did, I couldn't go home and pretend I wasn't working with the man who ruined my dad's life.

"I know I just thought you could use one. On me!" He said in a cheerful tone.

"Thanks," I replied, expecting him to go away.

I finally glanced up at the boy standing next to me, it was the same boy that was staring at me during Brent's interview with mom.

"Uhm-"

"Are you okay?" he asked before I could say anything. " Because usually you're not here by yourself this late. And this isn't your usual spot, I never took you for the back of the coffee shop type, and I noticed you didn't order anything." He chuckled nervously with a smile.

"Were...were you watching me?" I asked.

"No, no, no." He replied. "You're just here a lot... I mean you're not here too much or anything, it's just that you're what we call a "usual customer," and I've seen you come to jitters often... not that I was watching you..." He said nervously.

"right." I said with an awkward smile.

"I'm sorry, I just..." He paused mid-sentence and took a deep breath. "I'm Jeven by the way." He said reaching his hand out.

"Dawn." I said shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you Dawn." he replied." I wanted to know if you were, okay?"

"I'm... I'm fine." I said.

"That didn't sound like a confident "I'm fine," he said with a small smile that I did not reciprocate. "If you want to talk, I'm known to be a great listener." He said trying to convince me." and this is a once-in-a-lifetime deal, that I don't offer to just any customer, only the "usuals." He said with a cheeky grin causing me to chuckle.

"Okay. "I sighed as he took off his apron and sat in the chair next to me.

"Cindy, I'm going on break now!" He said to the barista girl.

I thought about what I could tell him without mentioning the future, and my dad being the flash or Thawne.

"Have you ever had a big secret that you couldn't tell your parents-"

"I don't live with my parents." he interrupted." I live with my grandparents, my parents had me super young and left- sorry, not important, continue!"

"Okay...that you couldn't tell your grandparents because it's someone else's secret, and they don't want you to tell anybody. However, this secret probably shouldn't be a secret anymore, especially since this secret hurt someone."

"Okay..."He said thinking about what I said.

"I'm sorry if that was a lot-."

"-No, no," he took a deep breath.

"I probably wouldn't tell." he finally said." it's like the time my cousin broke my grandma's vase and instead of telling her, we glued it back together before she got home."

"but don't feel guilty about not telling her." I replied." What if that vase was special to her? or something irreplaceable? Yes, your cousin was the one that broke it but you've been lying to her face ever since. So that makes you an equally bad person."

"Oh." he grumbled. "She still hasn't noticed the vase..." his voice trailed off." Uhm, it seems like we're talking about something much deeper than a vase," he said.