chapter 10

Hey guys

Sorry for not updating sooner. It's jacks birthday today!!!!! Happy birthday to him. Sadly the Leafs lost tonight, so they don't advance to round 2. I am not going to lie. I bawled my eyes out. Mitch's and Auston's post-game interviews made me bawl even more if it is possible. We will get them next year!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat there for a good 10-15 minutes. She finally walked through the doors, so I jogged over to her before she could leave the rink.

" Can we talk?" I said

" About?"

"About how one for snapping at you and two that you are ignoring me and didn't have my back with the team in there," I said, clearly frustrated

" Fine, but it needs to be quick cause I am going home with Kayla."

I was shocked when she said, Kayla. The two hardly ever talked before, but now, they became close when Bailey and I weren't talking. 

"Okay," we talked over to a table nearby. She sat on one side; I sat on the other.

" I wanted first to say I am sorry about what happened at the game. I had a panic attack the day before, so I wasn't in the right mindset. The team hates me; Kayla wasn't passing any pucks to me when I could have easily scored, she lied to the coach about me, and no one wants me on the team anymore. That is why I gave you a rude and short response when I got hurt. I know that either why I shouldn't have done that. There were a lot of other things on my mind." I say, looking down at my hands and messing with them. I looked over to see where Jack was, and he was walking back in and heading towards concussions.

 "Second, I understand you were or are still mad at me, but I prefer if you don't like something I said or did talk to me about it instead of acting like I don't exist. Also, I know that you were mad at me, but I had no one to stick up for me in the locker room or even on the ice. It makes me feel like you didn't want me on the team." I say truthfully.

I finally look up and look her in the eyes. She had an unreadable facial expression. She rolled her eyes. We sat there in silents for a couple of seconds. 

Bailey looks at me and says," I understand that you had a lot on your mind, but every time that happens, you either snap at me or drop off the face of the earth until you need someone to talk to or so on. I have put up with this for years, but you don't realize that you have said a hurtful thing to me when you get like that, and you don't remember saying stuff like that until someone reminds you. I am done with it. Until you fix something or act differently when you get into these states, I need a break from being your friend for now." she says, looking me dead straight in the eyes. I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. My heart was racing.

"The reason I didn't stick up for you back there is that I am not the only one who is done with your attitude, and no one cares that you have anxiety or whatever you have. You get everything that you want. I have been your friend since we were 2, and I didn't realize until now that you think you are better than everyone else. You get most of the press interviews, people only come to see you play and not the whole team, and you don't even act like a real captain." she says. I felt tears pouring out of my eyes.

When I talked to the coach, I believed him when he said they were just jealous. But now, I don't believe him one bit. I can't believe that people think I get what I want.

" If that's really how you feel, then great. You don't know everything; Bailey, and neither does the team. Talk to me when you or the team want to know the truth. I can't help that I have mental issues. I wish I don't have them. I have cried twice in the last two days." I pause.