Chapter 2

I was way deep in my thoughts when I noticed Shipa had ran away from me. I didn't see where she went I was so worried. It was like she had disappeared

I was out searching for Shipa for hours until it started to get dark, I couldn't stay up all night looking for her it would be too dangerous for me to do stay out searching for her. Besides, if anyone does find her my mobile number is carved into her tag attached to her collar. I do hope I find her soon though.

I couldn't sleep, I was way too worried for my dog. It sounds silly really. I mean, its just a dog? No, Shipa is not just some dog. She's MY dog, my friend, my Shipa..

I was contemplating whether to go out again and search for her when my phone started to ring, it was pretty late so I was uneasy answering but it could be someone who found Shipa. I answered.

"Hello?"
"Hi, um, is your dog called Shipa?" It was a man who was ringing me. He sounded pretty young, maybe in his 20's?
"Yes! Yes she is! Have you found her?!"
"Uh, yeah I have. I was wandering along the pier when she came running up to me. It was about half an hour ago when it happened, but have only just had the chance to contact you..do you want me to come to your place and give her back or..?"
I don't know if I can trust this guy. We have never met he could be dangerous..
"Well, I.. Um.."
"Sorry, you don't even know me, I guess you probably don't want me coming to your home.."
"No! Its fine, just come over please I need my dog back!" I was practically shouting down the phone line but I just needed my Shipa back, I don't care who this man is. I need my dog back.

I continued to tell this stranger with my dog where I lived and the way to get to my house. I was pacing around my home for about 10 minutes until there was a loud knock at my door.

I'll be honest. I was terrified! Who knows what kind of person was behind my door. It could have been a murderer or something. I slowly opened the door to my small apartment and behind it to my surprise was actually a pretty hot guy. He had ginger hair, big brown eyes and from what I could see, he had quite a few tattoos which most were covered up from his leather jacket.

Behind the guy stood Shipa. Immediately I ran past the guy and picked up my pet. I was honestly so happy to be back with her, although she was only gone for a few hours it felt like I hadn't seen her in year.

I completely forgot about this man standing at my door until he cleared his throat.
"Oh gosh, sorry! Thank you so much for bringing my dog back! You don't understand how happy I am thank you so much. How can I repay you for going through all this trouble for me?"
"Hey, no its cool. I mean, I get it. You don't have to repay me it's fine!"
"Are you sure?"
"Totally!"
After that there was a pause of an extremely awkward silence, he was staring me over, inspecting my clothing. It made me a bit uncomfortable but I was kinda used to it by know. We were still silent until he finally said something.
"I just realised! I know you! I see you everyday walking across the beach! Thats you!"
"Oh yeah, that's me haha.." Does he stalk me?
"Sorry that sounded weird. I live like right opposite the beach, so I see loads of people. I dunno, you kinda stand out from everyone else."
I was taken aback from what he said. Does he think I'm weird? I hung my head low, unsure of what to reply to that. I was embarrassed.
"Shit, sorry, I didn't mean it like that. Sorry. I think you're pretty cool, I mean your hair is amazing, and your dresses look sick!"
A small smile crept up on my face.
"Really? Thank you so much!"
I looked into his eyes, he looked completely serious. And then he flashes a smile. Oh my god. That smile was to die for!
"You know.." He started. I looked at him as if to carry on.
"You're really cute" He scratched the back of his neck nervously. I hid my face in my long hair.
"Oh gosh, no!"
"You are, I swear!"
I was so embarrassed, he really thought I was cute? Someone as attractive as him thought I was cute? I didn't even know his name!
"I-I don't even know your name.. sorry..." Now I was really embarrassed.
"I don't know yours either ha ha! I'm Alan. Alan Ashby!"
"Alan... I'm Quinn."
"Well, now I know your name, can I save your number from my call logs?"
"Sure, I guess" I sounded too keen God please don't let him notice.
"Well, I gotta go. It was nice talking to you, Quinn."
"Yeah, okay, bye. Thank you!"
He stepped closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I didn't even know what to do I was in awe that he was holding me.
"Hug me."
With those words I wrapped my arms around his thin waist. I didn't want this moment to end. Quinn! Stop thinking like that! You just met the guy.

After a few moments he let go, turned around and left me with a quick wave.
"Bye.." I whispered to myself.

We were standing outside the door of my apartment talking, I didn't even invite him inside! I'm glad I didn't really. I looked around. My home was empty. It had no character to it. I would have been embarrassed if anyone were to come inside.

Suddenly I felt really tired so I picked up Shipa and bought her to bed with me. I felt bad for Shipa considering the whole time I was with Alan I kind of ignored her. Well, that dog deserves it, she left me! But thanks to her, I met Alan and I am grateful for that.

I laid down in my bed and relaxed. I was just drifting off to bed when I got a message on my phone.

-authors note-
Yay! So chapter 2 is up! Thank you to people who have read this. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Its not great, I know but whatever. Hopefully as I get more into the story my writing will become better. ☺