Chapter 1

It's been years since the Justice League went to Gotham, trying to recruit the angry Bat vigilante, who is the protector of said city. They were quickly chased away by him, they of course didn't really like the vigilante idea, in their opinion, you should work with the government as a hero and still follow the law. Well anyway, some time passed and it's now 10 years later, a lot of the Justice League heroes got protégés and those protégés now formed the newfound Young Justice team. They were mainly deployed on stealth missions but of course, sometimes grabbed the attention of some super villains or people who wanted their mentors dead.

What happened with the bat, well even though unknown to any hero, he already had a son/protégés when they tried to convince him to join their league, his son is now 19 though and left the nest going to Gotham's sister city Blüdhaven and protecting the city just like his father protected his. He was used to be known as Robin but now he's Nightwing and even though he moved out the manor his family lives in he still visits one or twice a week. The mantel of Robin had been passed out to his 3 younger brothers all on their own time. The first Robin was Dick Grayson-Wayne now known as Nightwing, the second Robin Jason Todd-Wayne now known as Red Hood (he became Red Hood because he died as Robin), the third Robin was Tim Drake-Wayne now known as Red Robin and the current Robin is Damian Wayne. That weren't even all the family members you still got Duke Thomas (the newest member of the family and also known as the hero the signal), Cassandra Cain (the orphan and the angel of the family) and then you have all the family members but you also got Stephanie Brown (spoiler/batgirl), Tim's ex-girlfriend and practically lives in the manor instead of her own apartment and Barbara Gordon (Oracle and used to be batgirl) even though she's very close to everyone of their family and she's considered family she still has her own father and so doesn't really got adopted by Bruce Wayne (Batman). Speaking of Bruce Wayne, the father of this family he also had his own Father figure Alfred Pennyworth the butler of the family but also their grand-father figure.

*Mount Justice September 02*

The team was gathered in front of the Zeta tubes, waiting for Super-man to come and give them their mission. It was Black Canary that suggested that Superman will fill in for her while she recovered from the wounds she received while fighting, this of course wasn't an accident, that she chose Superman because it was time for the blue boy scout to come to terms with Conner.
They were all still waiting impatiently for the Zeta tube to announce Superman's arrival. After a few minutes of waiting Superman finally came out of the Zeta tube, he looked kind of stressed but also hesitant as if the mission he was going to give was the hardest they had yet to get.

"Welcome Superman, Red Tornado said you had a mission for us?" Kaldur asked in his natural polite way. Superman nodded at this and walked over to the hologram computers and pulled up a photo of something/someone, 'Um who or what is that I can't make anything out of it the picture is way to blurry.' Wally said via the mind link. 'I hate to admit it, but Kid mouth is right the picture is way to blurry, why would ...' Artemis was cut off by Superman who started speaking again. "You might be wondering why I am showing you all this picture, the answer to that starts from about ten years ago when the league was just founded," Even though Superman was telling them all this he put on a new picture this time of someone they did recognized, it was Batman, "we wanted to recruit the Bat, having him on the team would be very efficient for us in multiple ways, because he's an amazing fighter and detective he could really help us all out, but also so that he would become a hero and would work together with the government instead of not bothering about laws and such." The team nodded carefully; Superman was right the Batman was an extremely well-trained vigilante. "He quickly denied and threatened to attack us if we came into his city ever again, since he doesn't tolerate Meta's inside his city." Superman continued.

Artemis on the other hand was slightly agitated, she herself was by the masked vigilante multiple times and he didn't only safe her but a lot of other people she cared about, either way when she was taken under Green Arrows wings, he already told her that what Batman was doing wasn't legal and she shouldn't try to replicate him. He also asked her everything she knew about this Batman, she did and was surprised to learn that none of the leaguers knew that he didn't exactly works alone, some people even thought that batman had a small army of children hidden away inside the Batcave. "But now we heard about a new vigilante appearing in Blüdhaven the sister city of Gotham, the ne vigilante seems about your age if not younger we think he's about 23 years old so like I said around your age. It is your mission to try and recruit him and since we don't know if he has any ties with the Batman or if he does, either way be high on guard." Finishes and before the team can say anything he cuts them off and says his last lines he has prepared. "I contacted the BPD the police of Blüdhaven, and they said they'll give us their best detective to work with. You will leave tomorrow morning, so I would get your stuff ready to go." He finished seeming happy with how long he was able to keep the team quiet. He took his leave and the team started to discuss everything.

"Ugh, we finally get a mission, and we have to recruit some idiot who thinks he's better than the law." Wally exclaims quite annoyed and loud, Zatanna then gave them a worried look "Wait, we don't even know what he looks like what his abilities are, and we don't even know his hero's name." She told them with clear panic in her voice. Artemis just sighed if the League's suspicions were right, and the masked figure really was connected to Batman it was more likely for him to find them and not the other way around. Connor couldn't help but grunt, "If this is one of their stupid tests I'm done with them, do they really think it would be too difficult for us. They even called the cops there to help us as if we couldn't do it ourselves." He said trying to keep his anger down, Megan soon soothed her boyfriend and Conner calmed down fully.

"I think it's best if we all get some rest and pack our stuff since we'll probably won't come back to the mountain." Kaldur said calmly, everybody nodded at him and went to their room to pack up and rest for tomorrow.