|Five|

Y/n waited outside the arcade where Kuboyasu asked her to wait for the new friend she was going to meet. She curiously stared at the window of the arcade fixing her hair slightly hoping the boy wouldn't see her as sloppy. Kuboyasu warned her to not be afraid of him and that only made her more nervous. She then adjusted her outfit making sure everything was in place... Then her bag... Then she added a bit of blush for good measure.
Y/n was now scrolling through her phone to pass the time. It wasn't until she saw the time and realized just how late it was.

Her phone then began to buzz as the caller ID revealed it was none other than her purple-haired friend. She slowly raised it to her ear clicking the green answer button

"... Hello?" She asked as the other side of the line was quiet for a moment

"Oh! Y/n! I hate to tell you this but. My friend got lost on his way to the arcade. That idiot can't tell his lefts from his right sometimes." Kuboyasu sighed in irritation trying to keep it together for his friend. If he wanted to he could always call up his old gang for that favor they owed him. But. It wasn't all that serious.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time." Kuboyasu apologized feeling a bit self-conscious.

"Don't worry about it! Next time you should go with your friend!" Y/n smiled to herself listening to Kuboyasu chuckle slightly

"Yeah! Definitely!" Kuboyasu said as the two said their goodbyes and hung up. She placed her phone in her pocket and took one last glance at the arcade before turning around and heading back to the train station.
As she was walking back she seemed to be hearing a yelling come from about a block away. She became a little nervous and slowly turned the other way walking back the other way to take the longer route to the train station.

"Hey! You!" A voice yelled. Y/n jumped and turned around seeing a very intimidating teen with the most bizarre outfit she saw. A cheetah print shirt with pants that look as though they belonged in a vouge magazine. It was purple with different shapes colored in with bright reds, greens, and oranges.
The man ran towards her showing no hesitation. Y/n backed away slightly feeling herself starting to shake. An older man was chasing closely behind the teen screaming constant profanities. She felt herself tear up from all the chaos in about 5 seconds also the fear of an unknown teen racing toward her.
The boy easily flung the girl over her shoulder as she screamed out in surprise. His hand was firmly holding onto her waist

"Don't worry Girly! I'm the guy Kuboyasu told you about!" Nendo screamed listening to the girl grow quiet with confusion

"What?" She asked wiping one of her tears

"Why is that man chasing you?!" She yelled over his shoulder. She pointed to the man she could now see a lot better. She had the best seat for the action now at least. Y/n had been surprised by how fast they were going as the man seemed to be getting farther away from the two.

"I was asking him for directions but then he started going on and on about my shirt! So I picked a fight with him! Then I realized how late I was and decided I would try running around the city to find you! Kuboyasu wanted me to give up but I would feel bad." Nendo explained to the girl as they entered a small shop

"Nendo! You're kidnapping girls now?!" The man at the counter clerk exclaimed after recognizing his favorite customer. He pointed to Y/n who was still on his shoulder. Nendo leaned forward helping the girl off his shoulder

"Sorry about that!" Nendo apologized to the girl who just shook her head

"No, it's fine really! Where are we?" Y/n asked sniffing the room around her as she recognized the scent

"It's the ramen shop! I usually hang out here with my buddies. This was the only place I could think of while running away from that weird guy." Nendo explained sitting down at the table which was followed by the girl who felt herself becoming a bit embarrassed

"I don't have enough for Ramen though." She muttered

"Don't worry about it! My mom gave me plenty! She said I should pay for the girl's first meal on a date! I told her I was going to an arcade but then she just ignored me. Guess she used her mom powers and assumed we would end up here!" Nendo joked showing the girl her wallet. She wondered if she had heard him right when he said "date" but assumed she was just going deaf or something

"If you insist." She muttered still feeling a bit guilty.

"The usual, Nendo?" The man asked. Nendo turned over to the man and nodded

"Yeah for my date as well!" Nendo grinned. Y/n was glad she learned his name but couldn't help but be embarrassed. She wanted to correct him but didn't want to hurt his feelings or make things awkward. She kept quiet.

"My name is Y/n." She introduced herself. Nendo grinned

"That's a cute name! I'm Riki Nendo!" He commented. Y/n felt herself become embarrassed. It wasn't that special of a name. It wasn't the type of name people would hear and want to compliment. She shook her head deciding to just take the compliment.

"Thank you, Nendo." She muttered. The man placed the bowls on their table watching Nendo cheer to himself. He handed the girl the chopsticks she thanked him and stared down at the bowl. It had been a while since she ate ramen and was slightly excited to try it after so long.
Y/n raised the noodles to her lips and felt slightly at peace when she tasted the familiar ramen.

"How did you pull a girl like her anyway, Nendo?" The man asked as Y/n choked on the soup slightly coughing to herself. Nendo grinned

"Kuboyasu set us up! She seems to like ramen as I do so maybe I got lucky!" Nendo cheered to himself as Y/n felt her cheeks flush from embarrassment. He still thought it was a date. Of course, she didn't want to say anything and ruin the moment by hurting his feelings.

.
.
.
.

"That was some good ramen!" Nendo cheered while they walked down the street admiring the sunset.

"It's getting pretty late," Y/n commented. Nendo look around

"Yeah! It's pretty! Look! There's a full moon!" Nendo cheered pointing to the nearly full moon.

"It's so pretty!" Y/n gasped staring at the sight

"You would get along with Saiki! He's a friend of mine. You guys have the same kind of quietness!" He suggested watching the girl's conflicted face. She wondered if Saiki was that cool if he was mentioned like this so many times.

"I don't think he wants to hang out with me," Y/n muttered watching Nendo gasp dramatically

"Why wouldn't he?! You're cool! We can hang out for days and I would never be bored!" Nendo chirped. Y/n was a little flattered that he thought she was cool enough to go days with her without being bored. She thought that her quiet attitude would be what dragged people away.

"I think you're cool too Nendo." She smiled to herself

"I hope I get to meet that Saiki guy." Y/n thought to herself wonder what exactly made him attract so much attention

Trust me. Our first meeting would be awkward. Maybe it would be best if you just attract those idiots away from me. Good grief.

Saiki frowned teleporting back home. He heard from Kuboyasu that Nendo got lost in the city. He thought that idiot would end up getting himself killed but it turned out he was fine. He finally got to see what the girl Y/n looked like and was a little bit comforted by how ordinary she was. He never expected she would be normal. Considering his bad luck with attracting weirdos. He frowned sitting in his bed while ignoring his dad who came in begging him to fix his stubbed toe.

Saiki sighed with a bit of irritation.

How long is this going to take? I just want to have my peaceful school days already.

----------

Sorry, this chapter is short. But I hope you liked it nonetheless.

As of the time I wrote this I have 41 reads. Where did y'all come from 😭