recruit

I felt the breasts of the girl behind me slightly tap my upper back a few times, making me hustle up and put a pep in my step because I was lagging and I didn't want her to get pushed any further because of my pace.

After a slight jog on my part, I was able to fill the gap but my efforts were pointless at that point because we had come to a halt.

I lifted my hand to my face and I couldn't even see it, that's how dark it was in, what I'm guessing was a room.

Arms and hands were protruding every which way moving us around before finally stopping completely.

It was dead silent.

I had hunched over to catch my breath and I figured since no one could see me, I could do so quietly before whatever was coming came next.

I was a deer caught in headlights when these bright lights flicked on and the entire room was lit up, leaving no piece of the room in darkness.

I quickly stood up and tried to breathe through my nose without my chest rising too much because who knows what's going on here I don't think a fast-rising chest will show anything other than fear to whoever is watching closely.

I kept my eyes lowered just in case, I don't want to be instantly frightened because my emotions and senses aren't my own when that happens.

So for all involved especially me, I should keep my eyes downward.

"Her."