Hard to See

Months had past, it was pretty quick considering the circumstances. Gamzee and Karkat took care of us while Dave and Terezi went off and did what ever it was they did. Later Dave drove us all to the airport. "Okay, no one look suspicious. So May, no shouting 'YES I'M MAYBELL CONRADE GHOSTSHADOW I'M SORRY FOR RUNNING AWAY PLEASE DON'T TELL MY MOM!'" Sil told me. "Har-dee-har-har." I rolled my eyes smiling. Everyone sort of went their seperate ways, I walked with Sil and Tim. Sil went to go to the bathroom and I sat silently with Tim. "Maychan." Tim mumbled. I looked at him, he was smiling warmly at me. "What is bothering my neice?" he asked. "Nothing, Uncle Timmy." I smiled, it wasn't real but I was hoping he wouldn't notice. "I've used that fake smile way too many times, Maychan are you home sick?" he said. I looked at him surprised, "Just a little. I feel horrible, my parents must be so terrified for me. But I don't want to go back because I know they'll ground me until I'm old enough to go to college." I told him. "Maychan, I understand. As long as this plan goes out well then you'll be fine, don't worry about it. Sil and I will take care of you." he smiled. "Dankeshen Uncle Timmy." I smiled back and hugged him. "Dada." he hugged me back and the rest of the group appeared in front of us. "We have to go get ready to board. Maychan take out all of your weapons." Maeve told me. "Crap." I grumbled and pulled the knife from my backpack. "Maybell Conrade Ghostshadow!" Tim exclaimed quietly. "What? You can't be too careful." I shrugged and put it in the trash can next to me.

We were getting ready to board when Sara grabbed my arm. "Ow Sara!" I mumbled. "It's the FBI." she whispered and motioned towards a man in black. My heart stopped and jumped from my chest. "Maeve, what do we do?" I whispered to her. "Don't talk to them unless they talk to you." Maeve told me. We gave the woman our tickets to board and the FBI agent touched my shoulder. I turned to him scared, hoping he couldn't read my mind and know I was one of the run aways. "Excuse me ma'am. Have you seen any of these people?" he asked. He put up a paper of all of us, I looked at it for what seemed like a decade, then I shook my head. "No sir." I mumbled. "What is your name, kid?" he put the paper back into his pocket. "Engel." I answered. "Engel? German?" he asked. "Yes sir." I nodded. "Very nice, go ahead and join your father." he told me. I looked behind me and saw Tim. He looked surprised that he was called my father, but didn't say anything on the matter. I joined Tim on the plane and he sat next to Sil behind me. "That was terrifying." he stated. "What?" Sil asked. "A FBI Agent just questioned Maychan." he told her. "Good thing Daddy Tim was there." I joked. "Hush up." Tim grumbled. Sara looked at me and giggled.

The plane took off and I sunk in my chair. "Are you okay?" Maeve asked me from the other side of the aisle. "Yes, I'm just tired." I mumbled and took my backpack and started looking over the notes.

1. Escape [X]

2. Leave minimal evidence, leave no DNA. So no drooling. [X]

No one drooled? [Objective achieved, no one drooled.]

3. SAVE UP GRANDMA MONEY! [O]

4. Dye hair as soon as possible. [X]

5. PARTAY! [Will soon be in progress! PARTAY ALL NIGHT LOOONG!]

6. Destroy any evidence. [X]

7. Forget everyone, all family and friends. You are a new person, you do not know them. [ ]

8. NO ONE NIGHT STANDS! NO BABIES ALLOWED! [ ]

I put down the papers and put them back into the backpack. Sara was amusing herself with a finger trap. "It's so trappy!" she giggled. I stared at her for a while then took out a picture of my mom and dad. They were so young. I sighed and put if back and curled up in the chair. I eventually fell asleep.

"Maybell." a voice I didn't recognize said from behind me. Someone started to hug me from behind, "Hi puppy." I smiled and turned to hug someone back. I didn't get a look at his face, I wanted to see who it was. I was very confused, why would I call someone puppy? I looked up and saw my Great Grandfather, Great Grandpa Charlie. "Maybell, I am very disappointed." he growled as I sat up so fast my head collided with someone elses. It was Maeve, "Ow! Engel what the hell?" Maeve growled. "Apologies, I need to talk to you later." I stated. "Fine, Come on Callee, the plane just landed." Maeve told us. Sara stood up as I zipped up my backpack and walked with them out the door.

"So let me get this straight." I caught up with Maeve as we were going through the woods, "There's an empty cabin in these woods?"

"Indeed." she answered stepping over a log.

"And no ones been in there since the early 1900s?"

"Indeed."

"And its just empty."

"Indeed."

"Doesn't this seem too good to be true?"

"No not really."

"Then you are a fool."

"I'm not a fool I'm Maeve."

"Funny."

"Yes, yes I am."

Maeve stood outside of the cabin happily. It looked old and ragged, and it looked like it couldn't hold seven people. "Good enough!" Maeve declared and opened the door.