Preparation

You and Steven hadn't seen each other for a whole day and you were missing him. After the first attempt at dinner (the spaghetti burned and you ended up ordering pizza) you and Steven got to know each other a little bit more. He was a lot sweeter that night than he was the night before, you blamed it on the alcohol but it truly seemed like he was another person. Even the way he spoke and his expressions were different.

You didn't stay the night, due to having to wake up way too early the next morning because of bloody revision. You definitely stayed at his apartment way later than you should've, although you didn't go any more further than making out and maybe a little more dry humping from you.

"You alright, love?" Meredith asked you, walking passed you with a stack of plates balanced on one hand and a half drunk of coffee on the other.

You watched her put the last of the morning rush hour plates away and then make her way to the entrance to flip the sign to CLOSED, just so that you had a break between the breakfast and dinner period—even if it was only a short amount of time "Yeah, I'm good."

Meredith seated herself across from one of the circular tables and you heard Irene shout from the kitchens, "She's nervous about her date!"

"Shut up," you jokingly shouted back, although judging by Meredith's face you were half serious.

"What's she talking about?"

You rolled your eyes just as Irene walked through doorway from the kitchen, three plates of cake and a pot of tea resting on a tray in her hands. "It's nothing. I just... might... have a little... date."

"A date?" she exclaimed, hands comically slamming down in shock.

You didn't expect that sort of physical reaction from her, then again you hadn't had a proper date in years and that had ended up with you feeling like complete shit. You nodded, a smile making its way onto your lips despite your attempts at stopping it. "He's really sweet."

Meredith raised her brow at that, humming. "Is he now?"

You rolled your eyes, as Irene placed the tray of cakes and tea in the middle of the table. "What's with the attitude?" You began pouring yourself some tea and grabbed a plate of cake for yourself. However, this conversation was making your lose your appetite.

"No attitude," Meredith promised you, beginning to work her way through her massive piece of cake. Irene's eyes were always bigger than her stomach. "I just think that you need to be careful. It's been awhile since you've last dated."

"I've dated!" you defended yourself, but you couldn't seem to remember a date in the past year. Maybe you were in over your head? "Look, this guy is different."

Irene and Meredith exchanged glances, then simultaneously raised their brow at your in question. You groaned, shoving your hands onto your face and breathing in and out. Why was this so hard for you to explain to them? Although, what could you possibly say; that you had a drunken one night stand with a man you met at a bar; then the next morning he woke up and forgot who you were so you sucked him off to remind him what your name was; and then that very same day he invited you back to his apartment to 'get to know each other better' and you ended up using his thigh as your own person sex toy and jerked him off which ended with you covered in each other's cum?

Yeah, no.

Definitely not going to happen, especially with it being Meredith.

"I know every woman who says 'he's different' always has her heart broken, but I swear to you that I've never met anyone like him," you tried to explain, getting your head out of your hands.

Irene sighed, shaking her head and muttering in her native language. "It's just... it's not that we don't believe you. It's that we don't believe him! You know, like, we just don't want you to get hurt and when we hear that this guy who you've only known for two days is amazing or whatever, I don't know, we're just worried."