Kandyapple

Interview: Kandyapple

My Thoughts on Kandyapple: Oh she's so cute!! Not only has she gone through some interesting experiences. Hearing some of the things she had to say made me realize why it was important for me not to follow the typical Wattpad "fill in the questionnaire" mode of interviewing. She shared with me things that I wouldn't have heard otherwise, had she just filled out a question form.

Kandyapple's held captive by Netflix like a lot of us. I really enjoyed talking to her and her interview was really cool! I'll definitely read some of her other books.

--

How are you doing?

I'm doing well. I'm currently on break from school so I'm enjoying that. How are you?

Is this your spring break?

I'm doing okay, I'm just tying some to a few stories.

More like the break between quarters. My college has quarters instead of semesters. I start again on the 4th.

Oh my God, that sounds so relaxing. What country are you in?

USA, I go to school online. The quarters are a 12 week period, I hope to have my bachelor's by next year

Congrats! I'll be starting college this fall so I hope I do well. Would you like to do a formal introduction? All I need is your pen name and the genres you like to write.

Is this an interview for wattpad[sic]? Sorry, should've asked before. Congrats to you as well and best wishes.

Yes, this will be put in my interview book, which you can have a look at if you'd like. It's on my profile. And thanks for the congrats!

You're welcome. You can use Kandyapple as my pen name, if that's not okay I'll be publishing LGBT books under Alex Cole. I like to write Romance books, but I mostly read crime novels.

I've always wanted to read or write a crime novel, but it seems like it'd be hard. What makes you like them?

They're unpredictable. I would like to write a crime novel also, but it would require extensive research into laws of different states and the justice system etc and regulations etc...

You know what would be a cool writing exercise? Finding one of those whacky laws and making up a story as to its creation.

Ohhh cool, lol I once saw something that says it's illegal in my state to slurp soup.

There's one law that makes it illegal to have ice cream in your pocket, and another about crossing some state border with a duck on your head.

I'd love to have ice cream in my pocket. Totally rad. While crossing a state border.

These laws are really restricting my everyday activities, you know? Like, where else should I put my duck?

Lol exactly.

So Ms. Kandyapple, did you ever expect to be interviewed?

I was once or twice.

So no you didn't expect it, but you have been interviewed once or twice?

Yes.

Haha, so I have competition! Were those good interviews?

I was given a list of questions that were the same questions the other authors received. You're ahead so far.

I go by a general list as well, but I like conversing more because it gives me a chance to ask questions that are unique to the person being interviewed.