The Awakening

Mecella's pov

It felt like I was floating around in darkness with an annoying ringing in my ears. My vision began to return to me but everything around me was fuzzy. The ringing in my ears was gone now and I started to hear the pain filled cries and the near death moans. Outside of the room I could hear the sounds of stomping boots and gun fire echo off of the hallway walls and into the room. I was ther able to hear a familiar voice. "I'm not going to deal with anymore of this crap."

The voice sounded like it belonged to Alfred, my vision was now back to normal but the site around me was not a pretty one. What it appears to be I am in the school's library. Most of the students were here to. Looks like almost all of them are injured, some more than others. But it looked like only half of the school had survived that Russian mob.

"At least we know now that it was those Russians agents making all those threats." I heard from one of the school counselors.

"I thought all of those threats were fake?" Said one of the teachers.

"Well, they weren't! We should of listened to them! We should've gave them what they were looking for in the first place! Otherwise we wouldn't be in this mess!!!" Yelled the guidance counselor. I couldn't believe that she was the first one to crack.

"Calm down! You're going to lead them right to us." Said the more than concerned librarian.

"No!!! They said that Hitler was right the whole time, and that the American's were demonic! They also said that we cause of all the destruction that's been destroying humanity and that they were going to fix everything that we failed to do!!!"

As the guidance counselor kept on freaking out, the teachers that survived began to restrain her and they ended up gagging her mouth.

My mind started racing, I had no idea that those Russians were making threats toward us. What concerned me more was what they are looking for. I knew that I had to get out of here but the library is in the center of the school. It would almost be impossible to get out with all of those armed Russians in the hallways. I decided to think about that later, I stood up and tried to find Alfred. Looking around nearly all of the bookshelves I found Alfred sitting with his face hidden behind his legs in the far corner of the world history bookshelves.

I had hoped in the back of my mind that he made it out of the highschool. Then I probably would've been able to find a way out, but now I can't just leave them behind. Alfred had raised his face out from behind his legs and it looked like he had stopped breathing. I looked into his eyes, there were small tears threatening to escape the edges of his eyes.

What I saw deeper into his light blue eyes, what lay there was something I've never seen before from him. There was care, worry, relief, and mostly love dancing around obvious in his eyes. I couldn't believe it, while my brain and feelings were trying to catch up with reality I felt a heavy weight land on top of me. I felt Alfred's arms wrap firmly around my form, both of us were on the floor with Alfred weighing me down. The warm feeling of blood was starting to rush to my face, but I felt slight dampness on my shoulder.

I suppose that Alfred was probably really worried about me so I gave him a small comforting hug to help him calm down a bit. He started to get off me, I started to get up myself as Alfred waited standing beside me. I was half way up when I heard the library front doors slam open. Alfred and I got back down to the ground and I looked through the history bookshelf cracks and saw two armed Russians enter the library. Both of them entered quickly holding everyone at gun point. Another man entered, wearing an all grey trench coat that went all the way down to his ankles.

On his head the man wore a fuzzy black ushanka that had a small silver star on the front of it.(look up uskanka if you don't know what it is) His face was like stone and his eyes were sharp and intimidating. The man started yelling at everyone in Russian, then another man entered the library behind the one yelling and he put his hand on other man's shoulder. This man had slick raven black hair, ice blue eyes and the sharpest jaw line I've ever seen in my life; I swear he could seriously cut someone with that. The man whispered in the Russian's ear, the Russian nodded in response. While this was happening I was whispering to Alfred. ",Ok if anything happens to me, or if we get seperated I want you to find a way out if this place."

Alfred was about to object to my request but the raven haired man started to yell. "EVERYONE, GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND RAISE YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM YOU BODY...... WE ARE LOOKING FOR A YOUNG LADY WHO SHOULD BE AROUND THE AGE OF 19. IF WE DO NOT FIND HER HERE, ALL OF YOU WILL DIE WITHOUT ANY HESITATION...... IF THE WOMAN IS HERE THIS IS HER ONLY CHANCE TO COME TOO US, IF SHE DOES EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM WILL BE SPARED BUT SOME WILL BE WOUNDED...... YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO COME OUT FROM HIDING, OTHERWISE EVERYONE DIES."

After the man finished yelling I looked over to Alfred now knowing that they were probably looking for me. Alfred had the look of fear, horror, and defiance in his eyes but I knew that I had to spare everyone, including Alfred. I stood up and started walked out from behind the bookshelves, Alfred had tried to grab my hand but I swiped it away from him. I turned to him one last time and smiled kindly and walked out into the view of the Russians. Once they saw me the two Russians holding guns were now pointing them at me.

The raven haired man had a small grin grow on his face when he saw me. He whispered to the man next to him who had walked in yelling at everyone, that man made a hand gesture toward the gun men and they lowered their weapons. "It's about time we found you." Said the man with ice eyes. He spoke once more to the Russian and started walking out. I was still looking at the man who just spoke to me, I was oblivious to one of the Russian's coming up beside me. He whacked me upside the head with the butt of his gun and I fell unconscious, again.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING, I'LL BE UPDATING SOON... PROMISE!!!