Chapter 4

My naturally curly hair was out, got a tight dress on down to my knees, got heels on in the same colour as that dress, a little bit of makeup and of course, the present. I was going to give Jake a mask, he could where when he was riding his motorbike so he wouldn't get cold. Lame right? But I had no idea what to give him. My mom came in, “you look, lovely honey, like a real woman” she said, “thanks mom” I said and hugged her, “you go in there, and slay everyone, you are gonna make girls jealous and boys fall In love. Jake, he is gonna get so happy just to see you” she said, I smiled and left the house. Lucas was waiting outside for me, he had a smoking on, he looked really good. When he saw me his eyes popped out of his head, well almost, he looked shocked. “You look gorgeous” he said, I smiled and we walked over to Jake. I knocked on the door and Jake opened it. He had a smoking on as well, it was a little tight around his arms, you could really see his muscles. “Thanks for coming, come in” he said. He was playing nice because his parents were still in the house, when they left, the party would go crazy. I have never been to one of his parties, but I could hear and see it, from my window. I gave Jake my present, he took it and gave me a hug, I didn't want to, but I had to hug him back, it was his birthday after all. Jake showed us around, two bathrooms, four bedrooms, a little kitchen, a little garden and a garage. Just like my house. But for some reason, I liked Jake's house much more, than my own. There was just something special about it. “Well I have two bedrooms because I don't have any siblings” he said. He whispered something to me. “I need to talk to you later” he whispered, I could feel his breath on my ear, his low sexy voice. I got nervous, Jake stood up on a chair and raised a glass. “Everyone! Welcome and thank you all for coming, it means a lot to me, and now let’s all have a really...” Jake's parents left the house, and now you could hear the car, then Jake continued, “awesome drinking party!” He yelled and everyone started to dance, the music had turned from calm nice music to heavy metal. Jake drank what he had in his glass in one go. I got a glass from Lucas, “cheers” he said and we drank it all. Tequila and soda, I had tried it before, it wasn't bad, but you could easily get drunk. Lucas made a funny face. “I don't like this” he said, I laughed, “well what did you expect from Jake?” I asked, Lucas laughed. “Good question” he said. We started to dance. Some girls tried to take Lucas, while some guys tried to talk to me, they didn't recognize me. But Elsa did, and she was angry. She stormed over to me and threw her drink in my face, I screamed. My face was covered in something that smelled like vodka. “That’s what you get bitch!” She yelled and laughed at me. I couldn't see anything, I got it on my eyes, and it was hurting. Then I could hear someone scream in anger, “Elsa get out! I warned you not to do something like that, get out” it was Jake, I could hear it. “Now you do it again, you protect her, Viola. The nerd that has no friends. Why is she so special? She has never been to your parties before, so why did you invite her this time? She doesn't fit in here” Elsa said. The words were like poison, killing me slowly from the inside. “Get out” Jake said again, “what is she, that I’m not?” Elsa asked, “she is not a snob, not fake, not a bitch, she hasn't fucked all guys in school and she is actually a really good friend. No one from the school visited me when I was in the hospital, only her! She made me happy, she bought me all the shit I needed, she gave me a gift and she helped me with my homework. If that’s not enough then let me tell you something, she is the best friend I have ever had, and I treated her like shit, but she still came. That makes her much better than you would ever be” Jake said. Now I could hear Elsa, she was crying. Then I could hear someone run in heels. A hand grabbed me and walked with me somewhere, I still couldn't see anything, so I didn't know where or who it was. Then the person stopped and pushed me into a chair. “What are you doing?!” I yelled, “you can’t see right? Here let me help you” I could recognize the voice, it was Jake. “No, go away” I said, but he didn't listen, he took my hands away and put a wet cloth over my eyes, he didn't let go of my hands so I tried to shake my head to get it off. But he only held my two hand with one of his, so he grabbed me by my jaw. “Let the water get into your eyes, it will help” he said, he sounded very serious, so I didn't argue with him. I just had to let the water get into my eyes, and as he said, It did help. The wet cloth got taken away and I could see, well not at first, it was really blurry so I had to blink a few times, but then I could see totally normal again. I could see Jake, he was standing in front of me, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, while he was looking at me. “Are you okay?” He asked, I nodded and stood up. “Thanks” I said and walked out, or I was going to walk out but Jake's low voice stopped me. “Viola can we talk? Just for a second” he said, “sure” I said, but I didn't turn around, I kept looking the other way. “You heard what I said to Elsa, and I’m sorry for what I did. I hate to see you angry at me so please, please forgive me. I will get on my knees and start begging you if that’s what you want. Just smile” he said, he sounded sad. I glared at him, we locked eyes, he got on his knees and started to crawl over to me. “Please Viola, I’m really sorry” I started to laugh, he was so ridiculous. He grabbed my hand and looked at me with his puppy dog eyes. “Viola, You are my only friend” he said, I smiled, “you should have thought about that before” I said. He got up and walked closer. I started to back up, but I backed into the wall. He put his arms up over my head, and on both sides, I was trapped between him and the wall. “Baby girl” he smirked, “If it’s that Lucas boy that has turned you like this, he better run” he said, “Lucas hasn’t said anything! It’s you who better run because if you don’t, I’ll make you run” I yelled. “Wait you…. you love him” Jake said, his smirk disappeared and his eyes lowered to the floor, his arms fell down and hang down by his side. “You…. love that guy” he said again, “I don't” I said, but he didn't listen. “That’s why you came with him here tonight, you were with him yesterday too…. you love him” he looked at me, his eyes told me that he felt betrayed. Then he walked out of the room. Nobody yelled his name, so maybe he didn't go back to the others. But what I did, was run out of the house and run home. Jake didn't believe me, he thought I loved Lucas, first of all, it’s not his business so he shouldn't care, and second of all, why did he look so sad? He didn't like me. But after what he had said to me, he sounded really sad. So I was ready to forgive him. Not fully, but a little. My mom looked at me in shock, and then she smiled. “Was it a nice party?” She asked, I nodded, this time I didn't cry. So I just lied and said It was good.