71

Alice Avery

Ricky was not happy once I told him that I'd be racing tomorrow night. "Already?" He asked, a tone of disappointment. We were back home now and on the verge of arguing. "You're just going to jump into this? What are you thinking?"

"Drop it, Ricky."

"No." He states with authority in his voice. "I don't want to have to put you back together again after you lose."

I could've slapped him across the face right then and there. "What did you just say?"

Ricky closed his eyes and sighed deeply. "You know what I meant."

I step towards him and get in his face. "No I don't think I do, enlighten me."

"Alice," he glares at me. "You just got back on your feet."

I roll my eyes at him, my voice raises. "Stop acting like you're my fucking father!"

"Will you ever let me worry about you? Or take care of you? I'm looking out for you. Stop thinking everyone is out to get you, especially me."

"I don't need you to look out for me all the time!"

"Clearly you do!" He yells. "Listen, I love you but you fly off the fucking rails. I'm not watching you fall apart again."

I stood there with a scowl, looking at the man who was right, he stared back at the woman who was stubborn. "I just wanna prove myself."

"I know," he replies.

"I can do this," I say. "It's all I've ever known. It's what I'm good at, it's what pulls me back. I can do this." I wondered who I was trying to convince, me or him?

"I know you can, Alice. It's just not the right time."

I sighed deeply and let his words sink into me. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what I was meant to do, but one thing I did know was that I wasn't letting anyone decide for me.

Ricky comes in front of me and wraps his arms around me. "I'm sorry if I'm making things harder for you. I just want what's best for you."

"What's best for me?" I rest my chin on his chest and look up to him.

"That's right."

"Distract me, then. Please?" I say and his eyes light up. He lifts me from the ground and carried me into our bedroom. "Distract me." I repeated with his lips suddenly attached to my neck. Ricky laid me down on my back and helped me pull my shirt off.

Ricky hooked his fingers underneath my shorts as well as my panties. He pulled the both of them off at once, leaving me in nothing but my bra. "Spread your legs for me, baby." He said lowly and I obeyed. "This is all for you," he says.

He got down on his knees, his head between my thighs. My eyes closed and I fisted the bedsheet when his tongue ran along my pussy. A moan fell from my lips as he inserted two fingers inside of me. He sucked on my clit and I could feel myself becoming undone already.

"Condom." I breathed out with his head still nuzzled between my legs. He trailed wet kissed up my body, up my neck and on my lips. he pulled open a drawer on his bedside table and pulled out a foil
packet. "Do you need me to do anything? For you?"

"No," he says simply. "Just looking at you like this." He tears the condom open with his teeth. He unbuckles his belt and
soon his boxers hit the floor and he rolls the condom on. "Just seeing you like this drives me fucking wild."

He thrusts into me, completely inside me. My eyes screw shut and I bite on my knuckles. "Oh my God," I whine.

"Look at me." Ricky demands and I listen, my eyes meeting his. "You're so beautiful."

His stokes are slow and passionate and he's looking at me, really looking at me, taking me all in. He can't take his eyes off of me and my cheeks are as red as fire.

His pace quickens ever so slightly. It's so perfect, he is perfect. "So warm," he praises. "Cant get enough of this. Of you."

"Please, don't stop." I say breathlessly.

He chuckles lowly. "I never planned on it. I could fuck you like this for the rest of my life."

My teeth show as I smile. He leans down to me and kisses my chest, leaving a hickey above my nipple. He looks up at me and removes his lips. Ricky's forehead touches mine and he's brushing hair away from my face. "I love you," he pants.

"Love," I whisper. "I lo-" He cuts me off before I can tell him how much I love him. His lips come crashing down on mine. Our chest are pressed together and I hook my legs around his waist. He pulls away, kisses my cheek and his forehead meets mine again.

I drag my fingernails down his back, the feeling of him causing my vision to blur. He was all I needed, everyday, all the time. I struggle to understand what I would ever do without him. He is everything, and I mean everything to me.

"I love you," I whisper and I hold his face in both of my hands. He smiles at me and kisses the tip of my nose

Ricky slows his pace, "God," he breathes, emptying himself into the condom. I feel goosebumps rise of my skin, my
legs shaking lightly, my head foggy.

He stayed against me, running his fingers through my hair. I kiss his temple, "thank you," he kisses me on the mouth. He pulls out of me and stands up, taking the condom off carefully and throwing it into the garbage can in the washroom.

He pulls on a pair of boxers as I leave to use the washroom. After washing my hands I put on a fresh pair of underwear and Ricky tosses me one of his T-shirts. He waits for me in bed, on his side, his back against the headboard. He pulled the covers up and I crawled in.

My arms wrap around his torso and I lean my head against his heart. He held me like no tomorrow and I didn't take a moment of it for granted. "I'm sorry," I say to him. The lamp light in the dark room makes his skin glow. "I'm sorry for being such a fucking hassle all the time. You don't deserve any of that."

Ricky rubs my back and plays with the purple ring on my finger as he listens to me. "I don't care," he says. "I'm in love with every part of you."

I kiss his chest and hold him tighter but there is no possible way to ignore the ache in my heart. He knew, as well as I did, that I would be going to that race tomorrow night and I felt fucking awful about it.