The Queen pt. 3 (finale)

Requested by bernicepig

"I would say immortality becomes you, but that would be a lie," Y/n yawned much to Aro's dismay.

The queen leaned on his shoulder, checking her nails while he had tried to compliment the now immortal Bella and her family. Y/n was having none of it, just wanting to be back in Italy relaxing in the pool on a floaty all while sipping on some fruity little beverage.

Aro shot a look of warning to his wife. They came for a trial, not an all out war. "Retract the claws," Aro hissed.

Y/n delivered a small pout with a flutter of her eyes, "But I just had them sharpened," she sassed, revealing her now long pointed nails.

Bella moved in front of her daughter, obscuring the queens view of the child in question, a move that did not go unnoticed. Y/n did in fact retract her claws before moving closer to the Cullen family, her eyes fixated on the tiny girl peering around her mother's form.

"That's close enough," Bella snarled.

Y/n stopped in her tracks, waving a dismissive hand to two of three of her growling mates and both of her children.

"I want to see the child in question."

"You can see her from right there," Bella remarked.

Y/n rolled her eyes, unamused by the over protective mother. She could understand Bella's level of protection, after all she had been just the same way with both Jane and Alec since they day they were turned. The child
maneuvered around her parents coming closer to the waiting queen.

The child was small, her bronze hair falling in gentle waves around her head and shoulders. The queen could detect her rapid heartbeat, much like her own and smiled. The queen opened her cloak before lowering herself on the snow covered ground, not once caring that her jeans were becoming damp.

The hybrid stood still in front of the tribrid, watching her intently. "You're like me?" The girl questioned softly.

"Not exactly, but close enough."

After a brief moment the queen spoke again, "What's your name Sweetheart?"

"Renesmee."

"That's.....an interesting name...." Y/n commented, "I'm Y/n, Queen of the Volturi."

Renesmee gave a small bow of her head, showing respect for the woman who could understand what she was going through.

Y/n rose, giving Renesmee hair a little ruffle. "She is a hybrid, I've seen a few of them during my time on this Earth. She poses no threat, my love."

Aro glanced between the two, the wheels of his mind working. "Don't you even dare think about it," Y/n warned, "If you even say she's a threat then you must consider me one as well."

"My queen-"

"-She is a baby," Y/n interrupted, "She didn't ask for this life just as much as any of the other hybrids created by reckless vampires and humans did. No laws were broken, the Cullen's and their witnesses may leave peacefully."

At the queens word, silence fell amongst the groups. Each coven knew the queen had a wrath that rivalled no one and few knew that she had a soft spot for children and animals. The queen turned back to the hybrid, unlatching a necklace from around her neck and gifted it to Renesmee.

"Sometimes vampires fear things they don't understand," she explained, her words holding a hint of hurt, "and that could lead to problems. If that's ever the case, you show them this and say you are under the protection of Queen Y/n."

Renesmee nodded while clutching the necklace to her chest. The Volturi disbanded with a nod from the queen heading back the way they came, leaving the Cullen's and the witnesses behind. Renesmee had removed her fist from her chest opening it to reveal the necklace.

It's cord was a simple leather strap, small golden wires of metal lined the blackened enlarged claw. It was smooth except for the center that was engraved with the Volturi crest and Crescent Moon intertwined. Renesmee extended the cord, pulling her head and hair through it before tightening it for it to rest on her chest. She looked to the tree line to see the queen watching from a far with her husband's by her sides.

Renesmee gave one final wave as she turned to return to her family's side, one that was returned by the queen before she left with her kings in tow.