26 - A Perfect Plan

Taurus

Taurus

Settling down for the night was so fun. There's four places to sleep; the bed, the couch, the floor, and this one rug next to the couch. And since nobody is sharing a bed, we have randomly decided who gets what. Leo gets the bed, Scorpio gets the couch, Aquaria gets the rug, and I? I get the floor. Yeah. That was great.

As soon as Leo's head hits the pillow, he starts snoring, which is even better, because now the three of us can't sleep. It'd be fine if it was just two of us, one of the archenemies and I, awake, but nope.

It had to be them.

Aquaria stares daggers at Scorpio as she sits cross-legged on the carpet, and he returns her glare up on the couch, pointedly placing a foot on her head. She doesn't move the foot, but she does not look very happy, and that is a gross understatement.

I find a warm space next to the heater - ha! I'm the only one who gets to be warm - and curl up as I hear their low voices arguing about something or other.

At some point I doze off and wake up in mid-afternoon; I try to keep my eyes closed, since I still feel tired. Leo is still snoring away.

I distantly hear a quiet voice speaking, "Do you still remember the Fall -"

And then a bitter voice responds, "Of course I do. Of course. Shut up and go to hell."

"Oh, honey, where do you think I came from? I might have seen you there too."

"I hate you."

I squeeze my eyes shut tighter. I wouldn't be surprised if Leo's snoring was the reason I wake up. If it is, I will kill him.

-

Leo's snoring was not the reason I woke up. I wake up to my alarm, actually. At four in the evening. I forget why I set the alarm; it's not important now.

So I wake up to Die For You blasting at top volume from my phone.

And I did not know when I set that tone that it'd be such an effective alarm. Scorpio jumps up as if he's been electrocuted, almost stepping on Aquaria. Actually, there is no almost about it; he steps on Aquaria, who is in a notably bad mood as she snarls loudly.

Even this fails to wake Leo, who is still snoring away. I'm impressed. Just a little bit. His greatest accomplishment so far is sleeping through my alarm.

"Where the hell is that coming from?" spits Aquaria, sitting up. Cross that out - she is in a notably very bad mood.

"It's an alarm -" I start.

"For five in the evening?" she snaps angrily, standing up.

"It's four -" I point out, but she interrupts again.