Chapter 6

Allison pulls into the Barber's driveway a week later to see Andy trying to frantically wash graffiti off their garage door. She groaned, hopping out of her car to approach him as he aggressively scrubbed. "Oh Andy."

He shook his head, not looking at her as he continued to try and scrub it off. "She's falling off the deep end, none of this is helping." He stopped, looking at Allison as she saw for the first time, fear in his eyes.

"Andy honey. Calm down."

"I can't calm down!" He stopped, sighing as he tossed the scrub brush into the bucket next to him. "She's disappearing, going who knows where. She doesn't say anything to me. I think she thinks Jacob did it. Or worse..."

She shook her head, trying to understand what Andy was saying, "what do you mean, or worse?"

He sighed, lowering his voice as he tried to calm himself, "I don't know. She just seems to be undermining the case at every turn. I don't know if she's doing it on purpose, if she's being purposely difficult. And now I'm being forced to go and face my father in order to get him to cooperate so they can test for this fucking murder gene nonsense.."

"Andy honey, everyone is super stressed and tensions are high. I'm sure she's not being intentionally difficult."

Andy nodded, "I guess you're right." He pulled her to him, wrapping her arms around him as he kept her body pressed firmly against his. "I don't know. Everything just seems off is all. I need you. I need you around more."

"I'm around as much as I can be Andy. I'm tutoring Jacob. Laurie is already hesitant of my presence. I don't want to push it."

He groaned, "but I need you Allie." He sighed, resting his forehead against hers. "You're around but I can't touch you. Or hug you. I need to feel you."

Allison moaned as he kissed her hungrily, pushing her up against a clean spot on the garage door. She pushed him away, "Andy. What if someone sees?"

"Fuck! I know!" He pulled away, facing away from her. "I know." He hung his head down as he felt her rubbing his back. He turned back to her, "I'm going swimming in the morning."

She giggled, nodding at his small smirk, knowing his implication. "I'll be waiting. I have to check on Jacob."

Andy sighed, watching her go in the back door of the house. He came inside a few minutes later to find her sitting at the table with Jacob, going over homework.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't know why we're trying to act like a normal family. As if I'm not on trial for murder or that dad isn't sleeping with Allison."

Andy looked from Jacob to Laurie, "you tell him about Allison?"

Laurie shook her head as Jacob laughed.

"She didn't have to dad. I'm not an idiot. I thought you guys were getting a divorce." He motioned between his parents as they both avoided his gaze.

Andy sighed, "we were, but we didn't want to put on the added burden onto you. And it would look bad if we were to do it now. So we're waiting until we get you out of this first."

Jacob nodded, "perhaps you shouldn't be making out with Allison in the driveway then."

Andy groaned as Laurie looked at him.

"Seriously? You can't even keep your hands to yourself when our son is home?"

He shook his head, "I'm sorry that I'm starving for some actual human contact from someone that actually loves me, not just tolerates me!" He looked up to see Jacob staring at his plate, "I'm sorry Jacob."

"It's fine dad. That wasn't why I brought it up. I just.." He pushed some food around his plate, "I just don't want you guys to have to be miserable because of me."

Andy sighed, "we're not miserable. Everyone is super stressed. It isn't your fault. None of it is. Okay? And trust me when I say, it will be better if we appear to still be together. We need a united front."

Jacob nodded, looking up at Andy, "okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Allison woke up the next morning to Andy crawling into bed with her. She rolled to face him, feeling the stress radiating off him. "Andy..."

He didn't say anything, quickly pinning her already naked body under him on the bed as he kissed her aggressively, making her moan loudly as he did. She pulled on his shirt, helping him pull it off. He pulled his underwear off quickly before thrusting into her, making her hips rise to meet his.

"Andy.."

He moaned at her whimpering his name as he nipped at her neck, "god I need you." He thrusted into her harder as she wrapped her legs around him, her nails digging into his back as he groaned, smiling as he crushed his mouth back into hers.

She sighed when they finished and he laid beside her, "I miss you."

"Me too baby." He brought his arm up, pulling her to his chest, "Jacob knows about us."

She groaned, looking up at him, "Laurie tell him?"

Andy laughed, "no. Actually, it might have been my very public display of affection in the driveway that you warned me about that confirmed for him what he already suspected."

She groaned again, "oh Andy. I'm sorry."

He shrugged, rolling on the bed so they were face to face, "don't be. I hate having to hide. I don't want to hide you. I love you and I want to be with you more than anything."

She nodded, "I know. Me too."