Chapter 18

Being sat on an airplane at 6 months pregnant wasn't much fun, I hated being squashed into the small seat. I'd even opted to fly first class, and still there didn't feel like there was enough room.

I'd left it as long as I could to fly back to New York, my Doctor knew about my plans to fly, and had advised me that after this journey, to not do it again until after jb was born.

No one knew I was coming back, apart from Mia and Mac, I hadn't bothered informing Xavier, because I just didn't want to handle the hassle.

He'd been plastered all over the front of the tabloids lately, getting drunk; and always with different women.

He'd even given up calling me everyday, after we'd had an argument where he wanted to explain himself to me. I hadn't wanted to hear it, and we hadn't spoken since.

Getting close to landing, I buckled myself up, and waited to land.

Finally off the plane, I grab a trolley, and wheel it over to get my luggage.

I get some looks, but chose to ignore them.
Outside the airport I try to hail a cab, and try desperately not to attract any attention.

I'm stood at the sidewalk waiting for a free cab, when I notice the first reporter. They spot me quickly, and immediately start taking pictures of me, and shouting questions.

Finally getting a taxi, the driver kindly helps me load my bags in, and I escape quickly, with the reporters still shouting questions, and taking photos of me.

So much for no one knowing I'm here!?

Arriving back at my house for the first time in months, felt weird. Everything was dusty, and needed a thorough clean out. Locking the door behind me, and leaving the keys in the lock; all too aware that I gave Xavier a key to this place before.

Leaving my bags in the hall, too tired to carry them upstairs. I head up to my room exhausted.

Getting changed into a pair of boxers, and an old top that Xavier had left here, I collapse onto my old bed, falling into a deep sleep in seconds.

Vote and Comment please? Becki xx