Apocalypse girl

Copyright © Karissa Simon ™ 2012.

I wake up drenched in sweat On the cold night ground. I took a look around slowly remembering where I am. I ran away 3 nights go. Tired of being beaten for trying to help my family. My uncle the leader of the group is the worst he possibly could be. I don't know why but he's changed he used to be the best person I ever knew but now I'm alone, and fighting not going to be able to be taken down easily.

I hit the ground with my clinched fists screaming at the night sky. I was so close to killing him. If the guards with Percy the door making me have to plan a quick escape.

He beat me till I couldn't walk. Made me have nightmares I cant get rid of. The worst part is I didn't do anything about it to stop it. Well that's changed I've made up my mind and something will change. It's only fair. I stand up deciding that I won't be able to go back to sleep.

I grab my bag and guns swinging them over my shoulder. Starting to walk away from where I slept. Putting as much distance between my uncles village and me. If only my parents and friends would have listened to me. They might of been able to live. As my uncle started finding more people he started killing his family and people he's known for his entire life.

My name is Lacey I'm 17 years old. I got beat by my uncle, that I will someday kill. It's the end of the world and everyone is gone crazy Or so it seems. I'm a skilled fighter and I know how to use a gun. I ran away only going to go back when I am absolutely certain that I can deal with the pain and memories .

I have to remind myself that frequently or it feels like I'm going crazy and I don't remember who I am. I walk for what seems like ever and I know that it's only been a couple hours because it now sunrise. I stop at Little Creek and set up camp for the day. I take off my dirt infested clothes and climb into the cool water. I wash my cloths and lay them on a rock to dry getting a pair of shorts and a shirt out and throwing them on.

I pull out some rope and make a snare hoping to catch some turtle or fish. I pull my gun out of my bag and load it with ammo. I then set it on the ground and lay down. looking up through the tree branches. I must have dozed off because when I wake up I feel as if someone is watching me.

I stand up slowly grabbing my gun and pointing it into the forest."whose their?" I shout. No answer.

I suddenly get tackled to the ground my gun falling out of my hand as I fight off my attacker. "get off." I yell punching him in the face.

He has a mask on and black cloths. I punch him again hoping I can get him off of me. When I see his mask getting soggy from his busted nose. He slaps me and I grab a rock that is close beside me. I grip it tightly and swing it at hard as I can at his head knocking him out cold.

I quickly push him off me and grab my stuff running into the forest. Why do men always think girls are so weak? I mean come on I might not look tuff , but I can take you if needed.

I stop seeing a camp I haven't ever seen before putting my stuff in a secluded area I walk over and hide behind a bush laying on my stomach.

I spot a couple that look like they are having an argument. A blond kid about my age breaks it up. I dont know why he wouldn't let them deal with their own problems.

I shake my head and crawl over out of sight. Grabbing my bag and heading for a place to rest for the rest of the day. I finally find a place that looks like I wouldn't be found.