First Down for the Girls~ Two

A/N:  Here's Tristan >>>

     (Look at me, I'm actually using pictures this time lol)

     "Not happening.  Not in ten years. Not in a hundred years.  Not in a million years.  I will not under any circumstances go undercover for you."  I tell Raine for the fourth time that day.  She stares at me, jutting out her wet bottom lip.  Her puppy-dog look was never that convincing, anyways. 

     "Come on, Tyler!  It's just for the summer!"  She says, as I start to put my magazine back in my beach bag. 

     Whitney nods her head in agreement.  "Think about it, girl.  Two whole months surrounded by gorgeous muscular bodies.  I'd do it in a heartbeat."

     "Now there's an idea!  Whitney will do it.  Problem solved."  I do a small celebratory dance.

     "I would," She sighs.  "But you know sweating is against my religion."

     "Well bruising is against mine.  It's those same gorgeous muscular bodies that are going to smash my body to a pulp during the football games.  These dudes are going to be tossing me down to the ground, body-slamming me into the grass, and attempting to knock my head off with their fists."  I reply.  "And not to mention, Tristan..."

     "Tristan..."  Whitney sings.

     "Tristan does not matter."  Raine says.  "Once we suit you up, Tristan won't even be able to recognize you.  Come on, it's a win-win situation.  You get your car, and I get to make sure my boyfriend isn't cheating." 

     "Have you ever considered just trusting him?"  I ask, and she sends me a look like I'm the idiot.  "Forget I said anything, then."

     I grab my bag, and swing it over my shoulder, stepping out of the chaise.  I could practically feel Raine's dissatisfaction burning into the skin of my back.  "Wait!"  She says, I stop, digging my already raw heels into the sand. "Just give me one chance. This could work.  I'll come over tonight, and I'll prove it to you.  Please?"

     I feel no sympathy.  Sure, she was my best friend.  And sure, I'm supposed to make my best friend happy, but throwing away my entire summer just to stalk someone's boyfriend is not how I want to spend my days.  This was going to be my summer.  Tristan would disappear from sight for a whole sixty days, and here Raine was asking me to spend my only free time away from him, in the one area where he'll be spending his time.  Absolutely not.

     "You can come over, but it won't change anything."  I state, before walking away from the beach. I figured it was in my best interests to walk home instead of sharing a ride with Raine, otherwise I'd be forced to listen to more of her persuasion attempts. 

     And plus, it's one thing to persuade me.  But it's another to persuade my parents.  It's not like they're just going to let me run off to a camp full of boys, who will be in close physical contact with me.  They barely let my brother Andrew out of their sights until he ran off to college.  And they still will make the six hour drive to check up on him once a month.  No matter what Raine thinks, there's no way for this to work.  There's no opening or loophole.  It's simply impossible.

     ***

     "Tyler, we're leaving."  My mom says, as I walk in the front door, causing my eyebrows to rise in shock. 

      I swallow.  "You're leaving?  Where?  When?  Why?"

      She doesn't seem fazed by my bombardment of questions.  "You're grandmother just died.  I have to head out to Minnesota to help get all the things settled and prepare for the funeral.  I got a call this morning, and the family's in an uproar.  Apparently, there's a lot of fuss and fight over the will, and since I'm the only blood-related child, I have to be present."