𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

she'd seen the pictures all over the front covers of the papers, digital and physical.

'manchester united women superstar with a new man.'

'marcus rashford's ex has new boyfriend.'

'manchester united scandal - marcus rashford now single!'

even though she knew it to be true, she couldn't believe it had gotten out. the news shocked her, realising all the eyes were on her, and her team, and her performances.

her phone rung, taking her out of her trance. seeing the name, she immediately picked up.

"hey, tooney,"

"oh my god g, me and less were wondering if you were wanting to have a night out on saturday? like we can go and have a fancy dinner as a team, maybe party afterwards at the club? and you can bring a certain someone who everyone seems to like..."

even though they weren't together, grace could hear the wink over the phone. in response, ella could hear the eye roll. "i'm sure he's free, but i'll need to check. count me in though,"

"fucking get in! lessi, put grace and her fit boyfriend on the list,"

"ell, i am right here you know! and you don't know he's gonna be there,"

"oh, shit, thought i hung up. and you know he'll say yes. be at the vine with him for half 7,"

SATURDAY, 7:03 pm

"hey, darling," he greeted, pressing a short yet sweet kiss to her lips. "you look stunning,"

"hey, you. i suppose you're not too shabby," she smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"we probably should get going, yeah?"

"i suppose. i can't wait for them to all properly meet you!"

the two made their way to the vine, unsurprised by the paps who were there. quickly getting inside, callum soon got acclimatised to the girls and were soon talking to them as if they had known each other for years.

despite all of this, grace's mind often went back to marcus for brief intervals, soon going back to the moment then back to the footballer.

she never could help herself; she 'got over him' far too quickly, even for her liking.