CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 19

We arrive at the hospital and proceed to the ob-gyne clinic. We entered the room and introduced ourselves to the doctor.

"How are you doing?" the doctor inquired.

"We're ok," I said, a tiny smile on my face.

"Did you follow the diet schedule I provided you?" she said and I nodded, she motioning me to lay down in the bed.

"Well, then," she assures me, "it won't be an issue."

I wanted to ask her about our activity we made last night, but it would be too embarrassing to ask her about that thing we did last night. She put some gel on my tummy, which made me bolt because it was very cold, and she scattered it, and I was overjoyed to see the baby on the monitor.My tummy is already 5 months old, therefore it's a little bigger.

"The infant appears to be in good health," she said, smiling broadly.

"But we still need to be careful since, as I mentioned, the baby's grip isn't that strong," she added, but I looked at Alessander, who looked at me as well, and we both stared at each other.

"I want it to be unexpected," I told him, and he nodded.

"Do you want to hear it's heart beat?" she said, and I looked at Alessander and nodded repeatedly, a broad smile on my face.

We heard the baby's heartbeat and I couldn't help but cry. When I saw Alessander, he was wiping tears away from his face, so I caressed and kissed him.

We returned home after the checkup, and later that day, his ex-wife and her children arrived, and Alessander summoned me to see the kids. I went outdoors and spotted some lovely kids, but I'm still too tired to interact with them.

"This is Achelous, my fiancé," Alessander says, introducing us to Safiya and her children.

"Hi, what's your name?" I ask the small girl as I squat.

"My name is Eliana, and I'm four years old," she added cheerfully.

"And you," I ask the small guy as I mess up her hair.

"I'm not a boy," he declared firmly, "uncle Alessander says I'm a man."

"Ok, my bad," I said, waving my hands in the air as if to surrender.

"My name is Alexandro, and I'm eight years old," he said, a little boosfully.

"You're no longer a boy," I remarked, laughing.

"Well, you look closed now," Safiya replied, her brows anchored. "We need to go since we don't want to be late."

I just smiled at them and Alessander kissed me on the lips before they left, but Safiya interrupted and kept whining, so they left and I was left with the kids, who I had no idea how to entertain.I sat down on the couch and inquired.

"Hey kids, what do you want to play?" I inquire, trying to seem cheerful.

Eliana explained, "I wanted to play doll house."

"No, I'd rather play with Legos," Alexandro said.

"No, doll house!" Eliana said, as they continued to argue.

I was stressed out because I could hear their voices in high pitch and how they were always squabbling and about to knock one other off. So I took a deep breath and exhaled deeply to calm them down.

"How about we paint?" I said, laughing.

"Yehey," Eliana exclaims, jumping in her seats, but Alexandro is less enthusiastic about my plan.