Mgs: fantasy

Fantasy entry

Is this how low I've sunken. It's pathetic, I used to be self-confident, I feared nothing and I could carefree les how the others thought about me. And now? Now, I am pathetic and worthless of the name my mother had given to me.

That's what Breanna was thinking, when she saw her reflection on the ice that was covering the lake, which wasn't very far away from her home. She looked disgusting or at least that was her opinion; Her long black was full of knots, her green eyes, which looked like they belonged to a dead person, were red rimmed because of the crying she had done, while she was walking to the lake. Her skin had become very pale due to the lack of her being in the sun and she had become thinner.

In the eyes of the villagers, she was a monster. She was a disgrace to her family heritage  and there was no chance in hell that they would change their opinion about her any time soon. Even, she thought that about herself. She was unworthy to be an animalis, she was unworthy of being  the village's strongest warrior.

The only reason that they hadn't killed her on her thirteenth birthday, was because they needed her. They needed her to fight of the creatures of the forest, the ones that bathed in darkness and the blood of the people they had killed. No ordinary human could defeat them, not even the ones who had trained to become a warrior the minute they had been able to walk couldn't do that.

The other reason was that they all feared her. They feared the girl who had been able to kill fifty people, including the animalis that had protected the village at that time, her own mother, Tatiana. They knew that she was strong and could kill them with ease, if she wanted to. Maybe they had hoped that because she was so strong that no one dared to attack their village.

In their eyes, especially in the eyes of the elders, she was their puppet . She was just another piece to make sure that their village would be one of the strongest. How many one-on-one-battles has she fought for them, in the hope that they would accept her, but of course they didn't.

Who would want to accept a coldblooded murderer, like her.  Who would want to accept a person who laughed, while she was killing her own mother. No person in their right mind would.

Breanna sighed, trying to force all the negative and hurtful thoughts out of her head. She had to hunt, she hadn't  eaten for days and if she continued to not eat, she would lose control and if she would, history would repeat itself and that was something she couldn't let happen.

She stood up and turned away from the lake as she looked to the forest that was surrounding the lake .The trees' branches were covered with snow and icicles hung on their branches, shimmering because of the light of the winter sun. It wasn't one of the most ideal times to hunt, because a lot of the animal that lived in the forest were or in hibernation or had fled to warmer countries , but over the years she had learned were most of the animals would spent the winter.

''I guess it's time for me to transform.'' Breanna murmured to herself as she closed her eyes and concentrated to transform into an animalis. Her arms started to become black birdwings. Her feet turned into claws that had cut through many human bodies, her nose was replaced by a beak that looked very fragile, but was still dangerous for anyone that would stand into her way. Black feather started to cover the rest of her body, except her face.

The transformation didn't really hurt, not like it did the first time. It had felt as if knives had started to come out of her body, destroying her own flesh like it was wet paper and the terrible headache she had been experiencing, didn't help much. The headache was  a result of the advent of Ravenna, the animalis' spirit that was not only apart of her, but had destroyed her once boring and peaceful life and replaced it with a life, full of pain and sadness.